Glastocam!

pauladam

15 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

The smaller sections on the grass could definitely be the screen structures. The sections behind them on the road look to be a bigger profile and longer.

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

@squirrelarmy it’s pyramid stuff 

The small stuff delivered by Serious Stages is still there. 

Those large sections that I thought were part of the crane are no longer there. 

The mystery continues. 

15 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The small stuff delivered by Serious Stages is still there. 

Those large sections that I thought were part of the crane are no longer there. 

The mystery continues. 

I think the poster with a big spider on kind of solved the mystery, but ok! 😀

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I think the poster with a big spider on kind of solved the mystery, but ok! 😀

The Spider coming back is a known fact. That’s not being disputed. 

The mystery is what is happening with the crane. 

There are rumours of an outlandish plan which apparently is too crazy even for this forum. 

Glastonbury Festivals own a crane. If they’re unable to erect it I’m certain they will repurpose it for some other use. No idea what though which is one of the reasons we’re watching the cam! 

20 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The Spider coming back is a known fact. That’s not being disputed. 

The mystery is what is happening with the crane. 

There are rumours of an outlandish plan which apparently is too crazy even for this forum. 

Glastonbury Festivals own a crane. If they’re unable to erect it I’m certain they will repurpose it for some other use. No idea what though which is one of the reasons we’re watching the cam! 

Naaah, it’s off to the scrappy! 😂

That'd be a huuuuge screen

Thinking about it I don't know how I feel about bigger screens, reckon they were probably the perfect size before relative to the stage. Could certainly see what was going on clearly from right at the back. Wouldn't want them detracting from the pyramid too much.

19 hours ago, Neville Street said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/glastonbury/webcam

Is this the link we are all using? I had one to a “panodata” site saved, but it seems to send me to this place now. Is there a higher definition version that I should now be using as an advanced Glastocam forum user?

Here's another option:

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

Although - these towers do look thinner... And there's some bigger ones which look like the towers from 2019 on the floor there too... So maybe this isn't what it appears to be

I'm also analysing the same images to get an idea of scale. Going back to my screenshot the section further from camera is bigger than the stuff currently being assembled.

perspective.png.82040aaa3f4127b16026f38e6ca05146.png

3 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Although - these towers do look thinner... And there's some bigger ones which look like the towers from 2019 on the floor there too... So maybe this isn't what it appears to be

I think they look thinner to start once they're up before the screen, lights and pa is hung off them

https://www.freeyourfeeds.com/glastocam.php?gdate=19-06-2019+16%3A00

But then again the ones on the floor now don't look tall enough...

37 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It’s logical that the screens change over time, as it’s not like the company that supply aren’t going to be consistently investing in the latest technology otherwise that would be commercial suicide.

The technology shouldn't really be relevant to this conversation - these days, large outdoor displays structured in such a way that screens can be assembled to any size or aspect ratio desired - they basically consist of dozens or hundreds of individual modules joined together to create whatever display is needed.

That's why you often see a square or two flickering or going off, while the rest of the screen is fine.

15 minutes ago, incident said:

The technology shouldn't really be relevant to this conversation - these days, large outdoor displays structured in such a way that screens can be assembled to any size or aspect ratio desired - they basically consist of dozens or hundreds of individual modules joined together to create whatever display is needed.

That's why you often see a square or two flickering or going off, while the rest of the screen is fine.

Not really, technology evolves all the time, the new Led ones seen at places like Reading last year are a step up in technology compared to what Glastonbury have had to date, they’re different screens. The companies supplying Glastonbury aren’t exactly not going to move with the times and keep upgrading their tech too as they’ll go bust, eventually the older stuff will be obsolete as nobody will want it. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton