Glastocam!

pauladam

My journey to and from work takes me on a bit of the M5 in somerset, and around this time of year I get to play 'I wonder if that truck going to the festival site?' whenever I see an artic with fencing / portaloos / stage racking etc on the back 🙂

makes the journey fly by, I tells ya 😄

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It seems way ahead of normal … especially the pyramid 

I wonder if they are going to do the wrap around LED screens that you now see at Reading.

Yes, agreed its way ahead of schedule...I visited the site at this time of year (last w/e in april) in 2016 and nothing had been started...or if it had you couldn't see it.

I'm super busy with important work, so I just spent 10 minutes going through glastocam archive and the previous earliest I found was 9th May 2017. Time well spent.

In 2019 they didn't go up until 18th June! That's pushing it.

Does anyone else get the weird anxiety thing when looking at the webcam in the run up and things that you think should be done haven't been started yet? Like a little pang of 'oh no what's wrong?!' lol

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It seems way ahead of normal … especially the pyramid 

Maybe they wanted to get a head start, a covid outbreak could put them back 10 days instantly. They are about 3 or 4 weeks ahead of the usual with stage builds, infra and longdrops.  They normally start after this first May bank holiday, before then there is a bit of stuff appearing around site in piles and some culvert and track work by the fence guys in prep for the build. Fence would start next week out of shot of the webcam.

There is no fence yet (was round entire site on the run yesterday) but trackway has started arriving (that is probably close to normal timing). The area by Red Gate (out of shot) was piled with steel beams and box sections yesterday, lots on inload happening.

We will have a look at progress tomorrow on the next old mans plod. It is bloody busy down there, running routes have to be adjusted depending what is in the way.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

I'm super busy with important work, so I just spent 10 minutes going through glastocam archive and the previous earliest I found was 9th May 2017. Time well spent.

In 2019 they didn't go up until 18th June! That's pushing it.

Does anyone else get the weird anxiety thing when looking at the webcam in the run up and things that you think should be done haven't been started yet? Like a little pang of 'oh no what's wrong?!' lol

Breathe easy this time … no Pangea everything else looks ahead … no apierance of the pier yet though … that’s the one that might again be tight time wise 

Edited by crazyfool1

2 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Maybe they wanted to get a head start, a covid outbreak could put them back 10 days instantly. They are about 3 or 4 weeks ahead of the usual with stage builds, infra and longdrops.  They normally start after this first May bank holiday, before then there is a bit of stuff appearing around site in piles and some culvert and track work by the fence guys in prep for the build. Fence would start next week out of shot of the webcam.

There is no fence yet (was round entire site on the run yesterday) but trackway has started arriving (that is probably close to normal timing). The area by Red Gate (out of shot) was piled with steel beams and box sections yesterday, lots on inload happening.

We will have a look at progress tomorrow on the next old mans plod. It is bloody busy down there, running routes have to be adjusted depending what is in the way.

Yeah that’s very true … thanks … just keep out the way of ME in his land rover … 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Breathe east this time … no Pangea everything else looks ahead … no apierance of the pier yet though … that’s the one 

The one that always seems to get me is John Peel, I swear one year they didn't put it up until the Monday of festival week! 

'Oh no what's wrong with John Peel?!' said my brain.

Edited by Junglist1981

2 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

The one that always seems to get me is John Peel, I swear one year they didn't put it up until the Monday of festival week! 

'Oh no what's wrong with John Peel?!' said my brain.

Or the one year they put the Mandela Bar up... and then. tore it down again and then piut it up again... confused the hell out of me 🙂

9 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

Great shout, I reckon that’s the reason 

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

Reckon they are ahead of a normal schedule due to COVID or because there's more stuff to do? (e.g. more secret/ interesting areas) or a combination ?

There’s a couple of additional Bank Holidays this year compared to a normal year which will affect supplier schedules.