Glastocam!

pauladam

16 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Spider back to the SE corner.. Pangea stays where tis? 

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I would like that, but is there room? Surely something quite substantial would have to make away.

Anything is possible I suppose, but I can't see Glasto giving Arcadia another field along with another £500K budget!   What would be kicked out of the SE corner?  We already know Block9, Shangri-la and The Common are getting ready, so that only leaves UFG. 

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Anything is possible I suppose, but I can't see Glasto giving Arcadia another field along with another £500K budget!   What would be kicked out of the SE corner?  We already know Block9, Shangri-la and The Common are getting ready, so that only leaves UFG. 

Block 9 to contract back from 2 fields to 1? Not that I think it'd happen, but that IICON field is massive and could fit a couple of their other venues in it.

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd be very surprised if they tried that again, I think everyone agreed that was the wrong place.

Certainly don't blame the festival for trying things, it's certainly a live and learn process.

Another "won't do that again" is the Lovebullets tent in 2017.

Caused an horrific soundclash in the area being so close to LeftField and Glade and made the path way to narrow around there.

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Certainly don't blame the festival for trying things, it's certainly a live and learn process.

Another "won't do that again" is the Lovebullets tent in 2017.

Caused an horrific soundclash in the area being so close to LeftField and Glade and made the path way to narrow around there.

Should’ve been in Silver Hayes or nowhere.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This must have been before my time. Am I understanding right.. they are the spider in the Other Stage field? Where?!

2013 for one year, to the right of the other stage. The glade wasn't in the woods that year (I think..)

glasto-sitemap-2013full.jpg

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Oh wow. I'm surprised they even tried that. Especially when they didn't replace it with anything and just made Park Home Ground bigger camping.

That's how Park Home used to be, it was relocated from SE corner. Used to camp in Park Home so wasn't best pleased when they moved it there, but it's probably the best place for it on reflection.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Oh wow. I'm surprised they even tried that. Especially when they didn't replace it with anything and just made Park Home Ground bigger camping.

It was the first year it was moved out of the SE corner.   It was always just camping around Park Home before that. 

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

In some ways I can see why they tried it - it basically fired up when the last act finished on the OS. So the crowd moved across taking a bit of load off the usual rush to the SE corner.  However unless you were under the spider the sound was awful.. as has always been the issue and that corner just got way too busy and caused a massive bottleneck 

2 minutes ago, tumbles said:

In some ways I can see why they tried it - it basically fired up when the last act finished on the OS. So the crowd moved across taking a bit of load off the usual rush to the SE corner.  However unless you were under the spider the sound was awful.. as has always been the issue and that corner just got way too busy and caused a massive bottleneck 

Yeah, the sound was abysmal

59 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This must have been before my time. Am I understanding right.. they are the spider in the Other Stage field? Where?!

In the area between the other stage and the Glade in the corner....was truly awful.

Sound was all over the place, went to Andy C (i think) on the Friday night and were stood under the spider having a conversation with my mate with no problem at all hearing him.

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone else getting consumed with jealousy with all the lucky folk getting Near the site and taking these lovely photos of the build? The lure is getting too strong for me so I’m opening delicate negotiations with Mrs c for a few days camping down near Glastonbury next month. 

I'm already dreading how I'm going to feel on the Sunday before the festival when I'll be at the Wife's granddad's birthday meal at the Crossways in North Wootton which is a mere 2 miles away from Worthy Farm.

Every year we go there and being so close to the festival then driving away from it stings big time even though I know i'll be heading back in less than 48 hours time 😂

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Bet you saw them once or twice? Supporting Gillan for me; different times

Yeah, couple of times including a headline show at a very sparsely populated Royal Court. Still, they threw sweets out to the crowd so it was all good. Bring back the scouse Quo.

18 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm already dreading how I'm going to feel on the Sunday before the festival when I'll be at the Wife's granddad's birthday meal at the Crossways in North Wootton which is a mere 2 miles away from Worthy Farm.

Every year we go there and being so close to the festival then driving away from it stings big time even though I know i'll be heading back in less than 48 hours time 😂

Stayed many times at the crossways, ideal location. The campsite I’m looking at staying is just nearby to the hotel. Great country walks around the area.