Glastocam!

pauladam

5 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

Any sign of the (admittedly batshit crazy) story I heard of a ‘bridge’ being built from Worthy View into the site? 

Apparently last time a random bridge was being built on site it was one of the Pilton based stage companies practicing for another festival they had later on.

1 minute ago, tarw said:

Are they using the crane to build the spider and then when it’s finished taking the crane away?

save having to bring one in and might as well make use of the safety certificate 

wouldn't they need a crane to assemble arcrania, build the spider, then a crane to disassemble it. Then get a crane to assemble arcrania , disassemble the spider, then disassemble arcrania ................ etc

The jib has been sat there for some time. It was further out on the Red Gate area, now is lined up with the other trailers. Maybe for collection, maybe for use.  I don't know but it is probably not worth obsessing over.

4 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

wouldn't they need a crane to assemble arcrania, build the spider, then a crane to disassemble it. Then get a crane to assemble arcrania , disassemble the spider, then disassemble arcrania ................ etc

The jib has been sat there for some time. It was further out on the Red Gate area, now is lined up with the other trailers. Maybe for collection, maybe for use.  I don't know but it is probably not worth obsessing over.

Can someone translate this for me, I don’t understand what it means?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, watsonjm said:

I feel someone should say.... 'Try us'

Ha! No chance! 😀 I've had my fingers burned this week already. Lesson learned.

FWIW I still definitely think the Spider returns. I've heard it from numerous independent sources, including from someone very well-connected with no reason to make it up. 

The other rumours stay with me unless they gather some real momentum.

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Odd … I’ve heard from 2 sources it’s going … happy to say I’m likely wrong if I am though … has it been delivered ? Or removed from storage would be my only question ? Ready for collection 

Would be pretty strange to leave it standing for 3 years, only to remove it right before the next festival.

If they have got away without removing it this long, I really don't understand why they would rush to remove it now. One final outing at least, since it survived this long already. It makes sense.

It would be disappointing it goes only to be replaced by the spider. I loved that spider, but it is a bit old hat now. It's nowhere near big enough for the field/crowd size. And there are some pretty big acts rumoured this year.

The spider is great if you are directly under it, but rubbish for everyone else who can't get close. The crane might not be as exciting, but it's a pretty large visual beacon that can be seen by everyone. And I'm sure they have had some time to learn lessons, and improve the show.

58 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Odd … I’ve heard from 2 sources it’s going … happy to say I’m likely wrong if I am though … has it been delivered ? Or removed from storage would be my only question ? Ready for collection 

Same. I have a very good source that it's going.

9 minutes ago, Sku said:

Would be pretty strange to leave it standing for 3 years, only to remove it right before the next festival.

If they have got away without removing it this long, I really don't understand why they would rush to remove it now. One final outing at least, since it survived this long already. It makes sense.

It would be disappointing it goes only to be replaced by the spider. I loved that spider, but it is a bit old hat now. It's nowhere near big enough for the field/crowd size. And there are some pretty big acts rumoured this year.

The spider is great if you are directly under it, but rubbish for everyone else who can't get close. The crane might not be as exciting, but it's a pretty large visual beacon that can be seen by everyone. And I'm sure they have had some time to learn lessons, and improve the show.

It only fairly recently failed it’s planning appeal … so they wouldn’t have removed it while that was ongoing would they ? 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

i can't actually remember .... but im sure @Dukeicon will know

Applied in 2019 just after the festival - got refused.
https://publicaccess.mendip.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PT8E5OKPI7900

Resubmitted in March 2020 with more details - got refused.
https://publicaccess.mendip.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=Q6YWYWKPL7T00

Not sure if they ever appealed the second refusal but if they did, I doubt it would been approved.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dukeicon said:

Applied in 2019 just after the festival - got refused.
https://publicaccess.mendip.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PT8E5OKPI7900

Resubmitted in March 2020 with more details - got refused.
https://publicaccess.mendip.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=Q6YWYWKPL7T00

Not sure if they ever appealed the second refusal but if they did, I doubt it would been approved.

thanks DI .... so a while ago .... but cant see the council pushing too hard for removal during the pandemic ....  

6 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

could it be the crane to remove the crane ??? or maybe a crane for another build ?

Someone will need to confirm the original crane colour but it seems that it is the same type of jib that was on the crane. You would have a truck mounted crane to remove the existing structure.

48 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The other rumours stay with me unless they gather some real momentum.

I'm going to take this as they're mounting the Crane on top of the Pyramid and it will be swinging the Spider round, while continually spitting fire and fireworks

You heard it hear first 😉

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Someone will need to confirm the original crane colour but it seems that it is the same type of jib that was on the crane. You would have a truck mounted crane to remove the existing structure.

Think it was a pink/faded red colour

4 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

I'm going to take this as they're mounting the Crane on top of the Pyramid and it will be swinging the Spider round, while continually spitting fire and fireworks

You heard it hear first 😉

On the Thursday when the main stages open early yeah ?  🙂