Glastocam!

pauladam

13 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

No this wood pile is there every year. It’s used between stalls to block off the side access etc

the new spike stage is being constructed. The bar area  has already been done.

we didn’t get a frost but it got cold. Short hail storm today that lasted 5 mins. Otherwise blue skies and sunshine with a brisk breeze. Still in my shorts mind. Has to go below -5 before long trousers go on.

You country wenches are hardy souls😉

• Like 1

Never been one to watch the webcam and have largely just waited for updates from people on here, but is it usually up and running this far in the run up to the festival? Like, does it seem like they’re perhaps hiding something - perhaps a new build -  by having it turned off, or is it being off for extended periods standard practice?

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Never been one to watch the webcam and have largely just waited for updates from people on here, but is it usually up and running this far in the run up to the festival? Like, does it seem like they’re perhaps hiding something - perhaps a new build -  by having it turned off, or is it being off for extended periods standard practice?

It's usually on now. 

As for why it's not... we've no clue.  The roving reporters on the ground seem to think nothing is being hidden.  It could be a technical problem or perhaps Michael needs the ethernet port for his TV box.  Who knows? 

The old webcam used to break regularly and needed a BBC tech to make the trip to Somerset, so was off for months at a time.  This one has been more reliable until recently.  And what with there being nothing much going on, festival wise, it's not been a priority to fix. 

I don't think anything is being concealed. 

41 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The old webcam used to break regularly and needed a BBC tech to make the trip to Somerset, so was off for months at a time.  This one has been more reliable until recently.  And what with there being nothing much going on, festival wise, it's not been a priority to fix. 

I don't think anything is being concealed. 

Yeah,

I've seen the current incarnation of the web cam in person. It's a stand alone unit in the corner of a working farm yard, well removed from the nearest building.

It's entirely likely that there's issues either keeping it powered or keeping it online, and that neither are within the remit or skillset of the people on site.

10 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah,

I've seen the current incarnation of the web cam in person. It's a stand alone unit in the corner of a working farm yard, well removed from the nearest building.

It's entirely likely that there's issues either keeping it powered or keeping it online, and that neither are within the remit or skillset of the people on site.

It's not attached to a building? 

What's it on? 

Just now, stuie said:

It's not attached to a building? 

What's it on? 

It's pretty much a box with a pole sticking out the top, and the actual camera on top of the pole.

There may be wires running to/from it for power and or data, I didn't get close enough to look, but either way the nearest building is probably a good 20 metres away

46 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah,

GIven it went down about 7-8pm one evening its entirely likely to be a fault rather than anything planned.  As you say its pretty isolated in the yard.  Maybe they're planning on upgrading it/replacing it.  Would love them to stick in one from LobsterTV but I guess BBC will always dictate. 

39 minutes ago, incident said:

It's pretty much a box with a pole sticking out the top, and the actual camera on top of the pole.

There may be wires running to/from it for power and or data, I didn't get close enough to look, but either way the nearest building is probably a good 20 metres away

Strange! 

I thought it would be attached to a barn or something.

3 hours ago, tumbles said:

GIven it went down about 7-8pm one evening its entirely likely to be a fault rather than anything planned.  As you say its pretty isolated in the yard.  Maybe they're planning on upgrading it/replacing it.  Would love them to stick in one from LobsterTV but I guess BBC will always dictate. 

7:35 am on a Friday it went down

Until the return of the webcam, I can tell you that nothing much has happened in the last 3 days. Hence no new photos. They are still making the wooden stage for Spike. The accessibility ramp is complete. There has been a lot of tree clearing either side of the railway track. Apart from that Arcrania still stands alone. The pyramid still has no top but the staging is sat nearby.

Not sure why they have put camo netting over Putin's bunker ( aka the pile of water cubes. ).

• Upvote 4