Glastocam!

pauladam

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yeah it’s really sad … don’t know what more we can do ? Unless one of the locals can ask Michael or Emily what’s happened ? Or one of the bigger Glastonbury accounts can ask the question? 

@Gnomicide maybe? He seems to have Emily’s ear…

Edited by kalifire

I'll give it a go, obvs me an Emily are bezzies so I'm sure she'll get up a ladder and turn it back on again if I ask.

I was going to ask on the 19th when it'll be 6 years since the start of the Radiohead painting.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Upvote 2

On 10/16/2021 at 5:40 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Isnt the camera collaboration with the BBC?  Though I suppose if the reason it’s off is to respect the privacy of the farm, as it says, then it’s them who will decide if it’s to be reinstated.    Really missing it at the moment. 

I'm guessing that while the site remains closed to visitors, and the signs stay up, that we'll continue to see the webcam left off.  Switching it on might be seen by some as an invitation to visit.

38 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I'm guessing that while the site remains closed to visitors, and the signs stay up, that we'll continue to see the webcam left off.  Switching it on might be seen by some as an invitation to visit.

That’s not really much different now to normal is it … the standard response has been to stick to the footpaths even in pre covid times 

20 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s not really much different now to normal is it … the standard response has been to stick to the footpaths even in pre covid times 

Yes, anytime we visited we just stuck to the gravel paths and roadways avoiding the fields, respecting the country code.  Others seemed to be doing the same.  Would love to see the camera back up working, can’t see it being too much of an intrusion as it points away from the farm and buildings. Unless the cows are shy and don’t like the publicity. 

Hopefully they turn the camera back on the the start of the build in March, it's always been part of the build up in recent years for me watching the site grow and the fence go up.

I think @Ayrshire Chris is right that the BBC control the camera judging by the statement on their website "To respect the privacy of the farm, we’ve switched off the live BBC Glastonbury Webcam for the time being. Instead, you can explore our beautiful archive shots."

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...