Glastocam!

pauladam

12 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

Couple of images from Twitter. One from last night and one from this evening.

That first one... be still my beating heart. Seeing the lights in the sky brings back some memories of the anticipation of the night to come.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 9:40 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Anyone else tried zooming in on those buses to try and work out who the belong to ? Unable to recognise them unfortunately 

Haha and that, ladies and gents, is the reason why the camera is switched off! 😂 so you can’t see swifty’s bus! 

Just now, Losing my hair said:

I still don't think that they're going to let you spy on them campers. Hope I'm wrong.

The farm pre pandemic  had people on it most of the year … and you can always look at webcams in different locations anywhere … I’d presume that the switch off would be down to keeping things locked down for the live event … rather than privacy concerns 

• 2 weeks later...

@Dukeicon who do you tweet when you get them to switch this on again ? the bbc ? do you ever get a reply or does it just get turned back on randomly ? it is of course very possible it wont get turned on again until after the camping ..... Id still like to give them a nudge on the off chance they have forgotten ? 

16 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

@Dukeicon who do you tweet when you get them to switch this on again ? the bbc ? do you ever get a reply or does it just get turned back on randomly ? it is of course very possible it wont get turned on again until after the camping ..... Id still like to give them a nudge on the off chance they have forgotten ? 

Just normally send a tweet to the BBCGlasto account plus Emily & the Glasto one.
I have a feeling that we won't see it back on this summer 😞

3 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Just normally send a tweet to the BBCGlasto account plus Emily & the Glasto one.
I have a feeling that we won't see it back on this summer 😞

Do you get a reply or does it just randomly start working again ? …  I don’t think we will now either but hate to think that they had just forgotten to flip a switch somewhere 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Do you get a reply or does it just randomly start working again ? …  I don’t think we will now either but hate to think that they had just forgotten to flip a switch somewhere 

It just starts working again - no reply.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think it probably won't be on again for a while.  They're not going to switch it on during the family camping, surely?

You can view webcams for all sorts of places online … ( if it’s because of privacy concerns then the same would exist wherever surely ? ) I think you can even view the Glastonbury town one ….. 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

You can view webcams for all sorts of places online … ( if it’s because of privacy concerns then the same would exist wherever surely ? ) I think you can even view the Glastonbury town one ….. 

Terms for the festival include footage being broadcast, whereas the Worthy Pastures probably doesn't so won't cover having the webcam on. There is CCTV on site for WP but they won't be streaming that either.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

View from the Tor today.

1449343391_2021-06-2314_25_53.thumb.jpg.d09377e9766ea387aa7039584f689a38.jpg

Took the same photo, several times, last week. The pyramid field tree is the best point of reference or just follow the pylons and find the pyramid apex. Spend some time explaining this to other Tor climbers. It’s a wonderful beautiful viewpoint. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Took the same photo, several times, last week. The pyramid field tree is the best point of reference or just follow the pylons and find the pyramid apex. Spend some time explaining this to other Tor climbers. It’s a wonderful beautiful viewpoint. 

I always look for the red barns first, they stick out among the green, then find the tree and you can see the Pyramid.

I've always wanted to go and see what the festival looks like from the Tor when it's on but when I'm inside the fence, I don't want to leave to go and look!

11 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

I always look for the red barns first, they stick out among the green, then find the tree and you can see the Pyramid.

I've always wanted to go and see what the festival looks like from the Tor when it's on but when I'm inside the fence, I don't want to leave to go and look!

This is from the night before so as good as you can get without leaving the festival.

It's a bit hazy though. I'd like to see it at night.

20190625_190148.thumb.jpg.01d03ba0cad05b6da7710e47a248fa99.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...