Glastocam!

pauladam

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Whoever it is , they have done a awesome job 

Found it, it's @hfuhruhurr

On 5/16/2019 at 5:06 PM, hfuhruhurr said:

They seem to have removed the archives? I can only see stuff on panodata1?

I've been trying to look at old images and created a page based on the camera map you had and only some are available. Here's the page:

https://www.freeyourfeeds.com/glastocam.php

I was hoping to have it grab from the right database - so if anyone has an update on where the gap images are let me know and I can update this.

On 9/26/2020 at 4:34 PM, Big durbs said:

i wonder how much work it would be to display the playlist and that selects the day/ time.

Is there an easily accessible resource for the playlist with the time/date on? It'd just be the pyramid sets.

If not then I can grab them from various archives - next weekend is wet and horrible - ideal time to write some code....

11 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Is there an easily accessible resource for the playlist with the time/date on? It'd just be the pyramid sets.

If not then I can grab them from various archives - next weekend is wet and horrible - ideal time to write some code....

Just use the official site:

On 9/28/2020 at 8:58 AM, Gnomicide said:

Just use the official site:

https://www.freeyourfeeds.com/glastocam.php

I've now updated it to include the sets from these years - I've had a quick test and it seems to work.

One thing is the image view - I've added in a pan+zoom which is both useful and irritating - let me know if I should:

- keep it
- bin it and display the image full size
- bin it and display the image to fit the window

Oh, and let me know if it's broken for you and if there's anything else.

I guess I could add in a list of significant events - like fence going up, pyramid all in red, etc. But I'd need people to let me know those dates/times.

• Upvote 4

Awesome work @hfuhruhurr! :) 

All the sets I tried worked perfectly! Only issue I had (which may be my end) was when zooming in the image tended to disappear off the top of the screen. A bit fiddly but I managed to solve it as you can click and drag the image back down before zooming in futher. Hope this makes sense

18 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Awesome work @hfuhruhurr! :) 

All the sets I tried worked perfectly! Only issue I had (which may be my end) was when zooming in the image tended to disappear off the top of the screen. A bit fiddly but I managed to solve it as you can click and drag the image back down before zooming in futher. Hope this makes sense

Yeah - I'm in two minds (being hfuhruhurr!) about the zoom thing. I'll be guided by others on what to do with it.

12 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Yeah - I'm in two minds (being hfuhruhurr!) about the zoom thing. I'll be guided by others on what to do with it.

It's a tough one.  On one hand, it's great being able to have the image and the controls on the same page, plus it's good to have more control over the zoom level that you get when viewing a raw image in the browser. 

Yet, it's a bit fiddly at the moment.  I'm not sure how to improve it, but it feels like something could be done without throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Maybe limit where it can be panned to, or cap the zoom level?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

Webcam is back up and running again as of 07:30 this morning :)

Thanks for heads up, I’ve missed my daily (and sometimes more than hourly!) fix gazing at the sight and watching the cows, occasional tractor and the beautiful sight of the pyramid skeleton 👍.   

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

Morning :)

recent_full.thumb.jpg.bd93ea2dbbe805dcd0c9b41f13adcb41.jpg

Magnificent views across the vale of Avalon again this morning. There is something about that low angle morning sun light on days like these that is utterly unique.  Looks better than in June in many ways on these rare clear, still winter days.

• Upvote 1