Glastocam!

pauladam

28 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

There is an argument for it to be listed, https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/apply-for-listing/

It would be idiotic to list it. If it was, Mendip District Council would have to approve any change through the planning system. Having spent 2 years getting permission to change my own front door I wouldn't recommend having anything do with those clowns. By the time you had permission to put the skin on it would be the following year.

9 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

It would be idiotic to list it. If it was, Mendip District Council would have to approve any change through the planning system. Having spent 2 years getting permission to change my own front door I wouldn't recommend having anything do with those clowns. By the time you had permission to put the skin on it would be the following year.

I didn’t say it was a great argument. Listing consent could include it being dressed.

12 hours ago, stuie said:

What an amazing picture! Thing I always think about imagery of an empty iconic pyramid... the things that have gone on in that field man...

It deserves to be a site of special interest in the future, as much as any other historic building does. 

I agree it’s such an iconic structure and does represent a huge part of the musical and cultural heritage of the country. But it’s a work in progress, it comes alive almost every summer and becomes a focus for all of us. It’s not ready to become just a historic structure like an old castle, it has, hopefully, many years ahead of it.  Creating more historic performances, more incredible memories for those lucky enough to be on the farm and those who have still to experience it.  It will be a long time before it becomes just a historic building.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Didn't Spike used to be further inside the trees?  Has anyone got a copy of the detailed map?  Sadly Spike isn't on the normal map:

It's The Spike & The Spike Bar - that bit you can see is more where The Spike Bar was. Detailed map (2017) isn't very useful but the bar/what there now is to the left of that square/circle.

1014540947_ScreenShot2020-07-29at12_22_31.png.8a3e846e4fb0ff6de2b7a5fc6f6a0c13.png

Edited by Dukeicon
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

It's The Spike & The Spike Bar - that bit you can see is more where The Spike Bar was. Detailed map (2017) isn't very useful but the bar/what there now is to the left of that square/circle.

1014540947_ScreenShot2020-07-29at12_22_31.png.8a3e846e4fb0ff6de2b7a5fc6f6a0c13.png

I bloody love this forum.  As if a question asking for a detailed map gets a response like that within three minutes!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yep definately gonna be a decent size venue ... hopefully the intimate venue feeling will remain ... but good to see the usual improvements happening in our absence ... 

They started before Lockdown, so the change was due for this year's festival.