Glastocam!

pauladam

5 minutes ago, Skelts said:

So those big-ass trailers, inside the heras fencing - are they hospitality type things normally seen in the back stage area for artists? With maybe a production suite round near where the cider bus goes?  Is that the general thinking? 

And is Taylor a serious proposition, or just a pipe-dream?

They are portacabins (they get taken off the trailers) and are used for many things, from site offices to artist dressing rooms.

18 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How long does the pyramid take to get dressed ? ... I reckon they can do that in a couple of days ... eyes open for cherry picker action ... 

It takes quite a while for the stage to be built. And given there's a special guest on the bill in two days, I don't think the Pyramid is going to be dressed. Unless they performed on the grass? If it is getting dressed, it would have to start right away.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

It takes quite a while for the stage to be built. And given there's a special guest on the bill in two days, I don't think the Pyramid is going to be dressed. Unless they performed on the grass? If it is getting dressed, it would have to start right away.

yep ... i wasn't suggesting the whole thing ... just the skin ... was thinking on the grass ...

3 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Can't see that happening. They surely would get a stampede of people turning up so not worth the risk. Plus doubt she would play to an empty field

I can see that ... but I can’t get my head around what they are doing ... it doesn’t need all the stuff in the cider bus area plus all the wagons that turned up this morning and the generators for a radio broadcast ? And what’s this ? 

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I can see that ... but I can’t get my head around what they are doing ... it doesn’t need all the stuff in the cider bus area plus all the wagons that turned up this morning and the generators for a radio broadcast ? And what’s this ? 

image.jpg

As I said earlier in this thread, it's probably for The One Show. They were scheduled to do something this week in the original press release but as of now, nothing has been released as to what they are doing and they have shows on Thursday & Friday.

7 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

As I said earlier in this thread, it's probably for The One Show. They were scheduled to do something this week in the original press release but as of now, nothing has been released as to what they are doing and they have shows on Thursday & Friday.

Also have just noticed on the information about the 3 shows on BBC Two at 8pm, they all say about live acoustic sets, so it si most probably that those 3 shows are coming live from the farm.

BBC Two - Friday
"Jo Whiley and Mark Radcliffe celebrate the weekend that would have marked 50 years of the Glastonbury Festival with an inviting blend of great performances from the archives and live acoustic sets from contemporary artists."

BBC Two - Saturday
"Clara Amfo and Lauren Laverne present a jam-packed show celebrating Glastonbury Festival on the weekend that would have marked its 50th year. Tune in for highlights from the festival’s musical vaults, a special live acoustic performance from a contemporary artist and a reminder of one of the unique performances that have happened in the BBC’s Glastonbury studio over the years."

BBC Two - Sunday
"Clara Amfo and Lauren Laverne present a musical journey celebrating the weekend that would have marked 50 years of the Glastonbury Festival with an inviting blend of great performances from the archives and the odd live acoustic set from contemporary artists dropping in."

Edited by Dukeicon
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Next question ... what counts as a contemporary artist ? :) Just about anything ... looking it up 

My guess is they'll be artists from BBC introducing lineups that they have connections to. Maybe similar to their big weekend lineup

Unlikely there will be any "A grade" artist there.

44 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Also have just noticed on the information about the 3 shows on BBC Two at 8pm, they all say about live acoustic sets, so it si most probably that those 3 shows are coming live from the farm.

BBC Two - Friday
"Jo Whiley and Mark Radcliffe celebrate the weekend that would have marked 50 years of the Glastonbury Festival with an inviting blend of great performances from the archives and live acoustic sets from contemporary artists."

BBC Two - Saturday
"Clara Amfo and Lauren Laverne present a jam-packed show celebrating Glastonbury Festival on the weekend that would have marked its 50th year. Tune in for highlights from the festival’s musical vaults, a special live acoustic performance from a contemporary artist and a reminder of one of the unique performances that have happened in the BBC’s Glastonbury studio over the years."

BBC Two - Sunday
"Clara Amfo and Lauren Laverne present a musical journey celebrating the weekend that would have marked 50 years of the Glastonbury Festival with an inviting blend of great performances from the archives and the odd live acoustic set from contemporary artists dropping in."

Good spot. That'll be it then. Out of upvotes today, sadly.

10 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

My guess is they'll be artists from BBC introducing lineups that they have connections to. Maybe similar to their big weekend lineup

Unlikely there will be any "A grade" artist there.

What else have they got to do? It's not as if anyone is packing out an arena. I'm expecting a bit more than BBC Introducing. Maybe not "A Grade", but probably a little better than you seem to be suggesting.