Glastocam!

pauladam

58 minutes ago, julesdude7 said:

@fatyeti24 curious to know what part of the festival they are involved in, or whether they are travellers? The cam still seems to show some caravans like these dotted about.

In the 80s / 90s I was under the impression a lot of the travellers stayed a good while afterwards.

I could be wrong here, but I think they are paid workers who come after the festival to do the clean up.  I'm not sure how many actual travellers there are any more at the festival.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

We visited the farm a month after the 2017 festival and there was a few still there, all up at the north of the site. 

20170722_143746.jpg

That's Ivymead, the field used by core crew. Some people (like Tits Out Clare) actually live there all year round. There are still loads there as well as in Tom's Field which is just SE of Ivymead.

I'll be going over there later on today to tow a couple of caravans away now that WV is finally packed away. The WV work actually finished on Friday but it seems that the crew needed a few days to 'decompress' :)

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

That's Ivymead, the field used by core crew. Some people (like Tits Out Clare) actually live there all year round. There are still loads there as well as in Tom's Field which is just SE of Ivymead.

I'll be going over there later on today to tow a couple of caravans away now that WV is finally packed away. The WV work actually finished on Friday but it seems that the crew needed a few days to 'decompress' :)

Cheers dude, thanks for the clarification. :) 

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Love that there are some living there all year round. I guess there's stuff to look after all year even during fallow years. Can't imagine what it would have been like when more new age travellers were there. I still reckon they find ways back in or are allowed ways back in, perhaps through working.

2 hours ago, julesdude7 said:

Amazing. Still looks like the same numbers. I'm going to assume these guys work on the farm, and in prep for the festival, all year round. Must be some arrangement they have with Michael.

Most will be gone in the next week or three but a fair few will remain there until next year.

ME also owns a residential traveller site half way to Shepton which opened about nine years ago.

45 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Most will be gone in the next week or three but a fair few will remain there until next year.

ME also owns a residential traveller site half way to Shepton which opened about nine years ago.

Actually, isn't the photo the view of the Red Barn from Brimley Lane, which is looking over Tom's Field I thought?

21 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Wait, what?

On 7/15/2019 at 11:24 PM, Gnomicide said:

What a tremendous thing that is too.

A couple from when Kylie was on. If you look closely at the second one you can see the proposal plane towing the banner.

16-30-00_default.thumb.jpg.2c784123461e8a1e2a381bf4bad8af10.jpg

15-50-00_default.thumb.jpg.233f92d0bcee78be9fa78c9eb9a7ce91.jpg

Looks amazing. Talk about this years weather being fabulous! What a fest!

Sat here watching The mind blowing Cure set and just had a look at the cam on this beautiful evening,

A longing so very strong to be back in those fields. It's hard to connect ( can't explain the feeling) of what is happening on my screen, happened in those fields. Heaven is that place on earth. 

Edited by milly16
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, milly16 said:

Sat here watching The mind blowing Cure set and just had a look at the cam on this beautiful evening,

A longing so very strong to be back in those fields. It's hard to connect ( can't explain the feeling) of what is happening on my screen, happened in those fields. Heaven is that place on earth. 

I agree ... drunk as I am .... I’m sure 5 hours ago it was pitch black on the webcam