Glastocam!

pauladam

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Glorious, isn't it? There's something quite therapeutic about seeing it all turn back to nature.

Yep still check in each day.  One thing I never realised was how many backup generators the site uses - the pile by the pyramid is aboslutely nuts. 

2 hours ago, tumbles said:

Yep still check in each day.  One thing I never realised was how many backup generators the site uses - the pile by the pyramid is aboslutely nuts. 

They are not back up generators.  They are the local generators that provide the required power for each local area.  Every stage, venue and trader basically plugs into them via a bunch of smaller distribution points.  The power requirements for each user are known and then the generators sourced and positioned accordingly.

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

The cows will be back on soon, it also doesn’t look like it’s rained since before the festival. 

Bit overnight thurs/friday last week, but only really noticeable first thing as the paths were slightly damp!  I think we've probably had perfect festival weather for 4 weeks in a row now! 

20 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

They are not back up generators.  They are the local generators that provide the required power for each local area.  Every stage, venue and trader basically plugs into them via a bunch of smaller distribution points.  The power requirements for each user are known and then the generators sourced and positioned accordingly.

Ah ok, for some reason I presumed most power was cabled underground.  I trust they're running on bio diesel :D

11 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Ah ok, for some reason I presumed most power was cabled underground.  I trust they're running on bio diesel :D

Most cables are running on the ground behind the scenes.  The only ones dug into the ground are when they in public places.

I expect the festival would love to be carbon neutral / carbon negative, but sadly I expect its not. 

6 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Paint job Is good for 11 months camouflage..... but it also looks way more “Arcadiary” and less Avonmouth Dock for next years show. 

7345C54B-0402-4D35-AFBA-AD0061299772.jpeg.73f8a7965495ec145dd76b5810907d7e.jpeg

Needs more legs, and a body and head...

atat-walkers.jpg?itok=TCTDW7IR

In fact, if they want a 5 year plan, then giant fighting mechs of some sort has to be it, surely? A DJ battle with one in each mech.

17 minutes ago, julesdude7 said:

Does anyone know if anyone still stays overnight on site at this time? Still saw a few tipis in the tipi circle until last week and still stuff up at Strummerville. Often wonder if anyone from the Green Fields stays. 

We visited the farm a month after the 2017 festival and there was a few still there, all up at the north of the site. 

20170722_143746.jpg

• Like 1