Glastocam!

pauladam

3 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I would imagine it's definitely permanent. They had to build foundations to put it in there. It would cost an absolute fortune to move and they'd have to pay another fortune to store it somewhere all year round.

I'm sure the locals got a chance to have their say.

I thought this.  Couldn't find any panning details on the council website (tbh i didnt look very hard either)

18 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I would imagine it's definitely permanent. They had to build foundations to put it in there. It would cost an absolute fortune to move and they'd have to pay another fortune to store it somewhere all year round.

I'm sure the locals got a chance to have their say. (write us another cheque there michael)

It'll be taken down. 

To leave it there permanently would require planning permission and there isn't an application for it.

The footings will stay in place but I imaging the crane will be dismantled and stored on the ground.

21 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I'm sure the locals got a chance to have their say. (write us another cheque there michael)

No we didn’t and no he hasn’t 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Ah well then it probably isn’t permanent. He can probably store it on the farm somewhere.

Acadia tour with the spider, they might do the same thing with the crane although it is much bigger than the spider but I doubt it'll get stored on site

56 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

Acadia tour with the spider, they might do the same thing with the crane although it is much bigger than the spider but I doubt it'll get stored on site 

The Spider is free standing though.  The crane requires gigantic footings so I don't think it'll be toured.  In their announcement they said Pangea will evolve over the next 5 years at Glastonbury.

It'll be stored on site, along with lots of the other installations you see at the festival.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

The Spider is free standing though.  The crane requires gigantic footings so I don't think it'll be toured.  In their announcement they said Pangea will evolve over the next 5 years at Glastonbury.

It'll be stored on site, along with lots of the other installations you see at the festival.

Yeah good point, ball ache to move sch a huge structure all the time as well

3 hours ago, watsonjm said:

If the crane is a permanent structure to stay on the farm surly they must have got planning permission?  could this stipulate the colour? 

someone whispered in my ear the other day (might not be true, but most likely is) that they plan to try and get planning permission to keep the legs in place - so I guess that means they haven't got it yet, and presumably the rest would come down.

3 hours ago, Fork_UK said:

The Other Stage is seeming a bit neglected at the moment.  Still no hat and saggy covers.

It would be nice to see Pyramid getting its goalposts too.

I guess sound desk and speaker pylons will also be done soon.

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

3 mahoosive lorry loads of barriers just went past the window. The type they put up to funnel queues.

I've been looking at that, scratching my chin wondering 'what's a funeral queue' ?

• Like 1