Glastocam!

pauladam

6 hours ago, pauladam said:

This made me lol, I remember when this current webcam launched and everyone marvelled at the picture quality (even when zoomed in) 

granted you could probably take a higher quality panorama with a mobile phone now tho :D

anyway....still totally baffled on what it could be... Pangea is what was on the map wasn’t it? Can anyone see a link there? Or was that maybe put there to throw us off the scent? 

I've been thinking maybe it's kind of a stonehenge type structure with the dj booth raised in the middle, then around the booth will be raised structures representing the continents. Or maybe a Volcano type thing.

No doubt I will be completely off the mark. 

47 minutes ago, Divein said:

Or maybe a Volcano type thing.

No doubt I will be completely off the mark. 

I think you could be onto something here, considering that the break up of Pangea as an early supercontinent was caused by plate tectonics / the movement of the lithosphere by mantle (volcanos forming at divergent boundaries).

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

I think you could be onto something here, considering that the break up of Pangea as an early supercontinent was caused by plate tectonics / the movement of the lithosphere by mantle (volcanos forming at divergent boundaries).

I was thinking that Continents  drifting , volcanoes,  raaar

23 hours ago, Padgey said:

Not sure how this got onto my screen when I locked my work laptop but it was nice surprise.  Great photo of the site as well.

Anyone else had it? 

Glastonbury.png

One of my glasto mates (who is also a work colleague) isnt going this year and got this ...proclaimed that his PC is trolling him!

38 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

doesn't seem to be much happening last 24 hours .... apart from grass cutting in Silver Hayes ? anyone spotted anything else ? maybe the fence has got a bit longer too :) 

Lots of crates of stuff have appeared - some to left of Pyramid, loads at back of field behind Arcadia and a load in the wasteland near the main access down from Beat Hotel.  No idea what they are? 

4 minutes ago, Northtim said:

Lots of crates of stuff have appeared - some to left of Pyramid, loads at back of field behind Arcadia and a load in the wasteland near the main access down from Beat Hotel.  No idea what they are? 

To my untrained eye I'd say that's harris fencing.

Just now, stuwilky said:

Cos Im a pedant I really must say that's its Heras fencing

Awww - I like the idea of Harris fencing - some wee mannie on the Scottish Isle of Harris toiling away making fence panels for Glastonbury

Arcadia seems to be coming clearer then.   A combination of the tweet below and a scan on Avonmouth / Bristol cranes makes it look likely that the structure we can see on the webcam is a dock crane base.  In fact on the clearer zoomable picture you can I think see the jib lying on the ground and the cab!

Screenshot_2019-05-16-15-04-47.png

th2123BABG.jpg

Screenshot_2019-05-16-15-28-29.png

Edited by ohmygod
  • Upvote 1

Yep defo looks like the bottom of a crane there. Hmm it would explain the foundation and the drilling that they were doing, Trying to imagine a massive pyro crane with the DJ booth in the driver part of the crane over the top of thousands of people- sounds insane enough to be true! 

It does look the same, however in structural engineering solutions are often reused or repurposed for different structures - it might be a crane - tho it might just be that whatever's going on top benefits from the rigidity of this particular type of base.

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

It does look the same, however in structural engineering solutions are often reused or repurposed for different structures - it might be a crane - tho it might just be that whatever's going on top benefits from the rigidity of this particular type of base.

Im very intrigued now, have all sorts of ideas as to what it could be and what kind of pyro stunts they have up their sleeves. I imagine this is why Emily was so excited by it too.