Glastocam!

pauladam

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Your zoomable panoramas, were they taken with the same camera and also toast, or will they be forthcoming over the next couple of months?

The zoomable panoramas are back! They're on a different, good quality SLR.

• Upvote 3

On 5/2/2019 at 12:26 PM, Gedh said:

I would think that between the rabid viewers on this site we could fund a new one via a contribution site.

That's very kind, but now the Glastonbury webcams work, I don't think what I can see - which is quite a distance away - will be any better than those really.

Looks like they have started building the Other Stage. The fence will be soon I reckon, that's when I really start to think things are moving on. Usually starts above Strummerville out of view doesn't it, then works it's way across above the Crows Nest/ Park Stage. I reckon we will start seeing it on the webcam from this Thursday... place your bets folks when we first get sight of it on the webcam.....

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hope they have a camera up there for some good site photos :) 

My mate is leaving for the farm in a minute. Gonna keep an eye out for him on the Glastocam.

He’s taking his drone*

*Its a proper surveying drone, is restricted to the maximum height setting (120m? Although it has a 4km Range in all directions), he has all the CAA software and the apps that provide you with live no-fly area updates, etc.

If he’s able to take any videos / photos I’ll post them here. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

My mate is leaving for the farm in a minute. Gonna keep an eye out for him on the Glastocam.

He’s taking his drone*

*Its a proper surveying drone, is restricted to the maximum height setting (120m? Although it has a 4km Range in all directions), he has all the CAA software and the apps that provide you with live no-fly area updates, etc.

If he’s able to take any videos / photos I’ll post them here. 

I saw that ... and forgot to post in response ... that will be fantastic :) ...maybe he can hover around the webcam for a bit :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I saw that ... and forgot to post in response ... that will be fantastic :) 

There’s no way he’d try and use it if he’s not allowed - but I’ve got my fingers crossed. 

5 hours ago, pilton digger said:

minor point Woffy, the webcam is restircted in angle because of it potentially overlooking peoples houses.  Your mates drone won't be and that may cause some angst if it is seen, which it will be. 

I guess you’re right, of course. He may not have taken any footage. All I have seen so far are photos - which i’ve stuck on Twitter (usual farm walkabout touristy shots) - so chances are he hasn’t used it.

On 5/3/2019 at 3:12 PM, Gnomicide said:

With the cement trucks that have been seen over the last few weeks, it seemed pretty clear they were putting foundations in, this confirms it. Makes it sound like it's going to be rather substantial.

Yes or big things that are not freestanding, like the spider was. I just can’t even think of what they’ve thought up to visually replace that! 

If foundations have gone down, does that mean planning permission would have been sought?

Not suggesting the new installation will be permanent, but the foundations will be?

Edited by benc