Glastocam!

pauladam

20 hours ago, Wickedfaerie said:

I'm here! Sorry I'm late! Our video camera overheated a few years ago when we had it running constantly - it literally broke down on the Wednesday when everyone arrived! So I'm sorry, we haven't managed to stream a video since then, but after that the festival put up better webcams. Lovely that people remembered it though - I'm glad it was appreciated :)

Your zoomable panoramas, were they taken with the same camera and also toast, or will they be forthcoming over the next couple of months?

45 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Looks like work has started on the pier? To the left of the ribbon tower 

67356978-158E-4235-81F4-D3BF565A71BC.png

Isn't that the location of the long drops?   The pier would be further left as we're looking at it I think.

14 hours ago, Display-Name said:

This guy does pretty cool Glastonbury vlogs and he's just put up a video with site updates and stuff for those who are interested.

Can someone literally tell me how many times he literally says literally before I literally decide to literally watch it? 

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Can someone literally tell me how many times he literally says literally before I literally decide to literally watch it? 

I was worried there for a minute but he pulled it back to a respectable level. I literally hate when people use literally when they don’t mean literally.

1 minute ago, Glasto8 said:

I was worried there for a minute but he pulled it back to a respectable level. I literally hate when people use literally when they don’t mean literally.

The English dictionary was recently amended to include the term "literally" to add emphasis to something in addition to its original use, "to mean something in a literal manner". What a time to be alive.

40 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Do previous year's bins get re-painted?

Yes, I’ve always thought that would be a great job to do, must be tremendous camaraderie, fun and let your creative side go crazy. The artists must be on site well before the festival. We always appreciate them. Unfortunately I can paint and my drawings are like a 5 year old!  

42 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, I’ve always thought that would be a great job to do, must be tremendous camaraderie, fun and let your creative side go crazy. The artists must be on site well before the festival. We always appreciate them. Unfortunately I can paint and my drawings are like a 5 year old!  

The majority are on site 2 & half weeks before gates open painting all the bins, poles, benches & murals (on the wristbanding stations). Core team (Hank etc) are there a bit longer as they do the colour wash of the bins / remove broken ones etc.

Edited by Dukeicon

1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

The majority are on site 2 & half weeks before gates open painting all the bins, poles, benches & murals (on the wristbanding stations). Core team (Hank etc) are there a bit longer as they do the colour wash of the bins / remove broken ones etc.

Bet they have a blast. Visiting the area last year I saw a few ‘rogue’ bins at the side of the tithe barn just outside the site. Those benches are a godsend for tired feet! 

48 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

I'm not sure the 'White' was there yesterday.

Did you see that thereas well? 

that just looks like metal roadway probably to get heavy lorries across from the main track to where they need them

Edited by BeddyDriver

1 hour ago, Dukeicon said:

Closer image of what they are doing
Tiny Spoiler but not really.

https://twitter.com/terryaanderson/status/1122778195026219009

With the cement trucks that have been seen over the last few weeks, it seemed pretty clear they were putting foundations in, this confirms it. Makes it sound like it's going to be rather substantial.