Glastocam!

pauladam

10 hours ago, MrHew said:

Thanks so much for the photos.

Where's this? I've not seen it before and want to hunt it down in June.

This is in the common field mate. Where the temple will be. In the SE corner opposite shangri la and just off the railway line but I'm sure you will have a good scout and find it.

15 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Webcam must have fogged up .... it looked horrendous in one frame 

Apologies, my son has just told me that it hammered down just before lunch. I must have missed it whilst working in my bat cave. These 3 foot thick walls are a bugger to see through sometimes . When I went out walking it was clear and sunny.

• Upvote 1

I was looking at webcam images from this time in 2017, and by that point the ribbon tower was almost half-built... but then I remembered that the festival was 5 days earlier that year than this year... so we can expect some ribbon tower construction in the next week!

Fri 21st April 2017

13-00-00_default.jpg

Wed 26th April 2017

13-00-00_default.jpg

45 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Looks like they are starting to build the longdrops. Loads of early action on site

Yes, the ones on the other side of the Pyramid field (far left of webcam shot) were put up yesterday

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Something like this?

Equally excitement inducing and terrifying at the same time. Some of that rain :0 Love watching the fance appear like a giant snake and the smaller tents seemingly pop up.

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Something like this?

It really is incredible - one of the wonders of our time.

In a time-lapse like this, it reminds of the stat you hear around 'If the whole of existence was a day, humans would appear at around 2 seconds to midnight'.

Seeing the activity flare up for 5 days, after months of prep, is quite humbling.

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Something like this?

Amazing to see that at this point in the 2019 Pyramid development, the 2016 Park stage was up, the fence was going good guns and work on the Other had begun. They've put up our Lady Pyramid early this year.

12 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Yes was me. It’s my text alert. So the long drops are indeed being put upBD7698DD-CBF2-46A1-AEBA-DB5E7C321EE3.thumb.jpeg.2fb696c09c81bad7300d9748ea889d0c.jpeg and as I went to take a photo of one , some went into it. Emergency stop maybe?723AF9C7-90A9-4F04-8C33-6ACCDE167A0B.thumb.jpeg.5fe9be80284fdfb6c332d255f3130b46.jpeg

Cheers, don’t know if I imagined it but last year taking a walk over the site I am sure I detected a slight whiff of that distinctive disinfectant they use as we walked passed the hitchin hill covered over drops!  Brought back some memories! 

That bottom photo looks slightly creepy, taking the photo of long drops from behind a thorn bush!!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Cheers, don’t know if I imagined it but last year taking a walk over the site I am sure I detected a slight whiff of that distinctive disinfectant they use as we walked passed the hitchin hill covered over drops!  Brought back some memories! 

That bottom photo looks slightly creepy, taking the photo of long drops from behind a thorn bush!!

The long drops are surprisingly clean over the winter. All washed out and no noticeable smell that I could detect.

Ha ha ... I wasn’t sat in a bush. I was walking on the road that runs parallel to the farm track   (which is really busy ),  by the farm house. There is a row of thorn bushes there.

• Upvote 1