Glastocam!

pauladam

36 minutes ago, Keithy said:

I don't like change! Crows Nest and Rabbit Hole in Park is one of my favourite little areas. My 'go to place' if I need a break from the crowds or at a loose end. Was nice nipping between the two and it was almost a secret area at the top of Park. 

Hopefully it's a well thought out move and not just plonking it somewhere. If I could choose, I'd put it up by JP / The Woods to help create more of an area up there. 

I can understand that, but I'd rather not have something on the polar opposite end of site that I might want to go to. 

12 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Looks like more activity in Arcadia field? 

Yep some movement and a lorry have turned up.

I had a flying visit to the site yesterday and walked up to Arcadia field....from my pic all I can see is a generator and few bits.

The build will start very soon I reckon.

Screenshot_20190423-083232_Gallery.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, deebeedoobee said:

The move is because of the pier. That much I do know but I don’t yet know where it will go. Won’t be long and the evidence will be there for all to see on the webcam (or my lunchtime walk ? ).

Dee is there ever a point in the build of the festival where even you get stopped from having a wonder around? 

24 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Dee is there ever a point in the build of the festival where even you get stopped from having a wonder around? 

Yes. On the Sunday before you have to have a wristband. So depending on if I have that or not will be the point I can/ can’t go on site.

however, it gets so busy in June that I don’t want to get in the way, so I tend to stay away once the fence is finished. 

Some time in May a sign goes up that asks you not to enter and then at the end of May/ beginning of June there is security on the site entrances so you can’t go on site via these roads. 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

The move is because of the pier. That much I do know but I don’t yet know where it will go. Won’t be long and the evidence will be there for all to see on the webcam (or my lunchtime walk ? ).

Spent a weeks holiday in the village last June and walked the site most days. Also we enjoyed walking the lanes and small roads around the perimeter of the site. The transformation from farmland to festival is amazing. Enjoy your lunchtime walk!

1 hour ago, dccool said:

Yep some movement and a lorry have turned up.

I had a flying visit to the site yesterday and walked up to Arcadia field....from my pic all I can see is a generator and few bits.

The build will start very soon I reckon.

Screenshot_20190423-083232_Gallery.jpg

Look at that gert lush grass!

Sorry...

5 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Look at that gert lush grass!

Sorry...

Altogether now,

The old home town looks the same
as I step down from the train
And there to meet me
is my Mama and Papa.

Down the road I look
and there runs Mary
hair of gold
and lips like cherries.

It's good to touch
the green, green grass of home.

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

The farmers want to get 1 more silage cut done before the festival.

I love it when they cut it right up to the wire before they start laying down infrastructure in a field. Result is a nice straw layer which is more shower resistant and often drier to sit on and smells great.

37 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

Is that a cement mixer in Arcadia ?? Footings for something big going in ?

I had a wander around today. I'll put some pics up later but that's about as close as I could get to what they are doing in Arcadia 

20190423_144000.jpg

A few from our walk on site earlier today. No spoilers for anyone wanting stuff to stay secret as I think they are keeping the main build until once the fence is up. However they are digging some foundations down in the Arcadia field and after a quick chat with one of the construction guys all he would reveal was what they had planned was amazing and will need what they are putting in place which is exciting. Amazing to see the site starting to come to life now, theres not long left to wait!! ?

20190423_154749.jpg

20190423_154650(0).jpg

20190423_153720.jpg

20190423_153723.jpg

20190423_153314.jpg

20190423_153104.jpg

20190423_150206.jpg

20190423_145626.jpg

20190423_141534.jpg

20190423_135648.jpg

20190423_134119.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 10

19 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

A few from our walk on site earlier today. No spoilers for anyone wanting stuff to stay secret as I think they are keeping the main build until once the fence is up. However they are digging some foundations down in the Arcadia field and after a quick chat with one of the construction guys all he would reveal was what they had planned was amazing and will need what they are putting in place which is exciting. Amazing to see the site starting to come to life now, theres not long left to wait!! ?

20190423_154749.jpg

20190423_154650(0).jpg

20190423_153720.jpg

20190423_153723.jpg

20190423_153314.jpg

20190423_153104.jpg

20190423_150206.jpg

20190423_145626.jpg

20190423_141534.jpg

20190423_135648.jpg

20190423_134119.jpg

Isn't that middle photo the underground piano bar

Certianly looks like it to me, before it gets covered and concealed, especially with the other photos you took nearby of the dragon?