Glastocam!

pauladam

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

wow the farm is looking busy today ... loads of visitors .... I reckon they need to get those long drops finished soon :) 

Visits to the site seem to have really increased this year, hopefully with that increased footfall the farm and surrounding area keeps being respected. Happily it was a week ago.

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A quick look there, seems quite a few folk wandering the pyramid field and beyond. I am extremely jealous.  How long until it becomes off limits? I would imagine when heavy plant is moving about.  

Exactly that. There's usually a sign that gets posted, asking the public to avoid the site from that point. The fence erection must be imminent, maybe within the next fortnight?

Everything seems earlier this year .. and with the social media signing thing I would expect this to be earlier too ... the site in lockdown is far easier to control and there are going to be some massive things arriving for Arcadia and the pier so think they would like it locked down before they start these don’t like to think of consequences should a member of public get hurt in the run up 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Also hope those visiting from afar respect the village and it’s inhabitants as well as the site especially in relation to parking cars. Visiting last year I thought they were throughly decent folk, friendly and helpful.  Especially in the pub! 

Absolutely this. Stopped for a drink in the Apple Tree after walking round last Sunday. Staff were lovely

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Rabbit hole is on the move this year. Not been given the info on where yet but it won’t be in the same place as last year.

Interesting. Can't see it going South East so maybe towards The Woods or does it have to be quieter there at night?

I don't like change! Crows Nest and Rabbit Hole in Park is one of my favourite little areas. My 'go to place' if I need a break from the crowds or at a loose end. Was nice nipping between the two and it was almost a secret area at the top of Park. 

Hopefully it's a well thought out move and not just plonking it somewhere. If I could choose, I'd put it up by JP / The Woods to help create more of an area up there.