Glastocam!

pauladam

26 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

and where the pier will be looks like they have dropped off building materials 

I think that's just stuff deposited (!) for the long drops, like they have elsewhere on the site

looking at the cam, I think our view of the pier might be largely obstructed by trees when construction does start.

1 minute ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Is what's available on the Panomax links the best resolution available?  Is there higher res image that can be got, by hook or by crook? 

I seem to remember years ago there was a link to a higher res camera, but I can't find it in my bookmarks or remember if it was before the current bbc webcam

7 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I seem to remember years ago there was a link to a higher res camera, but I can't find it in my bookmarks or remember if it was before the current bbc webcam

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not until @Wickedfaerie puts her webcam up, closer to the festival.

Cheers.  I meant to the one we're all looking at with the archived images.

I thought that maybe we see a compressed version and maybe there is a higher res version 'somewhere'. 

2 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Cheers.  I meant to the one we're all looking at with the archived images.

I thought that maybe we see a compressed version and maybe there is a higher res version 'somewhere'. 

That does happen, in that the bbc version is slightly lower res, but the highest res version is here: https://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/recent_full.jpg

I'm not sure if that's higher res than the archive or not, but that's as high as this webcam goes.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That does happen, in that the bbc version is slightly lower res, but the highest res version is here: https://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/recent_full.jpg

I'm not sure if that's higher res than the archive or not, but that's as high as this webcam goes.

The recent_full is a higher resolution than the archive. Not sure why it's like that but it is.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Probably because those things are huge!

Archive is 39% of the recent_full one. Saves 700KB an image. Which over a day at a save rate of once every 10 mins is quite a lot over a day!

recent_full
10,471 x 2,048px
814KB

Archive
4,090 x 800px
113KB