Glastocam!

pauladam

14 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

just waiting for the morning when i log on and see the pier has started being built

I'm always blown away that with 75 days to go all that's up so far is half a tarpaulin on the Pyramid and some infrastructure work. They pretty much build a small town from nothing in just over two months. Amazing when you think about it

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm always blown away that with 75 days to go all that's up so far is half a tarpaulin on the Pyramid and some infrastructure work. They pretty much build a small town from nothing in just over two months. Amazing when you think about it

it blows my mind from a planning perspective, 

like why aren't they there now sorting Arcadia out , or the pier or the tents. they must have it down to a fine art

3 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

like why aren't they there now sorting Arcadia out , or the pier or the tents. they must have it down to a fine art

I think part of it must be cost and the fact that parts of the infrastructure will be in use elsewhere (I guess?). Structures going up earlier would also mean more security needed earlier.

50 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It really is awesome. An incredible logistical exercise especially if you see the site before any work has commenced. The clear up operation is amazing, returning the site to farmland. It’s hard to explain to people who haven’t have the great fortune to have been to the festival what an experience it is. 

The excitement is building! 

26 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I guess nearly 50 years of expertise and also so much work done over the year (long drops etc) made it easier. I guess Arcadia doesn't fall under the festivals remit as as such its a touring thing and setup by the arcadia folk.

Would love to see a time montage from April > July  (edit found one on youtube!)

Edited by tumbles
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Would love to see a time montage from April > July 

A documentary that captures the build from the first day until the point when the gates are opened would be fantastic. I can only imagine the rollercoaster that it must be for all concerned, particularly with events like pre-festival downpours in 2016 when the whole event was apparently hours from being cancelled

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tumbles said:

I guess nearly 50 years of expertise and also so much work done over the year (long drops etc) made it easier. I guess Arcadia doesn't fall under the festivals remit as as such its a touring thing and setup by the arcadia folk.

Would love to see a time montage from April > July  (edit found one on youtube!)

Here's one I did from the old camera in 2010.
Camera runs from 13/05/2010 until 15/07/2010

There's a few more recent ones on YouTube.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

A documentary that captures the build from the first day until the point when the gates are opened would be fantastic. I can only imagine the rollercoaster that it must be for all concerned, particularly with events like pre-festival downpours in 2016 when the whole event was apparently hours from being cancelled

This one is great:

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I remember in the build up to it my non-Glasto going friends were asking if I was worried about it being cancelled and strangely it never once entered my head. I remember just thinking “It’s Glastonbury”

Turns out it appears I should have been worried all along!?

Edited by DareToDibble

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Kevin should do a Grand Designs on the place.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

What do you have against Kevin?

I have nothing against him but do find it suspicious that alot of the women on grand designs seem to fall pregnant mid build after Kevin has visited.  I think he's a fertile chap that's for sure .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2