Glastocam!

pauladam

On 10/12/2018 at 8:57 PM, Dukeicon said:

Somerset Live, getting all their Glasto leads from efestivals since 2015.

They do have better pictures of the work from on site though.

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/glastonbury-festival-2019-work-underway-2098743

Just seen the banning plastic bottles article on there as well..... Anyone have any idea if they just mean banning vendors from selling plastic bottled items or banning us taking our spirits in in plastic bottles also?? haha May have to get a metal bottle. 

35 minutes ago, Havors said:

Just seen the banning plastic bottles article on there as well..... Anyone have any idea if they just mean banning vendors from selling plastic bottled items or banning us taking our spirits in in plastic bottles also?? haha May have to get a metal bottle. 

Just vendors I think is what EE said recently at an event in Taunton.

No plastic ban enforced but efforts to reduce plastic sold on-site. More water stations will be built too.

Edited by Dukeicon

1 hour ago, Havors said:

it was the vendors ...although they said they will try to reduce the overall use by not enforcing a ban in a similar way to the lanterns and NOS at the stone circle 

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

it was the vendors ...although they said they will try to reduce the overall use by not enforcing a ban in a similar way to the lanterns and NOS at the stone circle 

I imagine it would be a big shake up for the vendors.... would have to sell cans instead of bottles. To be honest though.... I have never bought a bottle of whatever at a festival ever. Beer & Cider is my staple... in cans or cups haha....  Im doing my bit for the environment! :D

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The important question is what are they going to sell the milk in? Can't be glass, tetra packs aren't exactly great for the environment, so where does that leave you? Straight from the cow's teat?

They used to sell it from a jug carried by a horse and cart when my Mum was young.  Never hurt her, apart from the tuberculosis, of course.

19 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The important question is what are they going to sell the milk in? Can't be glass, tetra packs aren't exactly great for the environment, so where does that leave you? Straight from the cow's teat?

How am I going to get the right mix of Kahlua & Vodka if I'm dodging a cows tail?