Glastocam!

pauladam

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

If anyone spots the pyramid installation for the year can they pm me or quote me on here ... need to get working on it for my hat as soon as I  can .. cheers 

Looks like they are starting on it.  Few people on top of the stage. 

4 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

I concur, it gets packed but still able to sit in a circle and have the first beer of the day then it's location is suitable for a shorter walk on the way back from most late night venues.

Beat me to it. Not sure if you see referring to Pennard or Oxlyers... I camp in Oxlyers and whilst it can be busy we've never had a problem getting our tents together and being able to sit in a circle and have some drinks. I know it doesn't have the best reputation on the forum but I've never had any trouble and love the location.

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Beat me to it. Not sure if you see referring to Pennard or Oxlyers... I camp in Oxlyers and whilst it can be busy we've never had a problem getting our tents together and being able to sit in a circle and have some drinks. I know it doesn't have the best reputation on the forum but I've never had any trouble and love the location.

If you go to the back fence of Oxlyers then you'll always find space.

i love it 

1 hour ago, dartmoordog said:

The Pyramid installation is a relatively recent thing. With the deaths of so many legends over the last year, I shouldn't think they'll be doing it. 

They started when the Stones played, IIRC.  It was nothing to do with deaths then. No reason they won't do something this year and given the other stage has something would be odd if the pyramid didn't. 

31 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

They started when the Stones played, IIRC.  It was nothing to do with deaths then. No reason they won't do something this year and given the other stage has something would be odd if the pyramid didn't. 

So like 4 years ago? It's been associated with great acts that are live on stage. Since the last Glasto many great names associated with GF have passed away. Reckon it would be disrespectful to single out a performer this year  

If it's going to be anything, my money is on the CND sign. 

14 minutes ago, dartmoordog said:

So like 4 years ago? It's been associated with great acts that are live on stage. Since the last Glasto many great names associated with GF have passed away. Reckon it would be disrespectful to single out a performer this year  

If it's going to be anything, my money is on the CND sign. 

Think you're overthinking it

2 hours ago, watsonjm said:

And what an installation it was. FIRE!!!

Saw this on page 3, what's going on! Still many things to be finished on site...such as....

Cherry picker action in front of the Pyramid this morning.....perhaps something going up on top....?! 

Edited by mario man

No big tellies yet on pyramid or other, though they still have a few days and I expect Jumbotrons (do they still get called that?) are hired by the day so they'll be a last minute job.

Looks like most of the food stalls are in place, I can almost taste 'em.

Just got to get through another day at work.

Does it look like a new path going through the field behind the large farm sheds next to Gate A? I'm sure that's normally just fenced off but it looks like there's been a pathway being marked out? I can't zoom in on my PC to have a look? New Security queuing arrangements?

Capture.JPG

Edited by midlifecrisis

25 minutes ago, midlifecrisis said:

Does it look like a new path going through the field behind the large farm sheds next to Gate A? I'm sure that's normally just fenced off but it looks like there's been a pathway being marked out? I can't zoom in on my PC to have a look? New Security queuing arrangements?

Capture.JPG

If my memory serves me right, that fenced area is staff car parking, they have/had a few stewards on the gate at the top to check you have the correct parking ticket etc.

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

BBC Introducing going up!  No sign of Flagtopia yet - is that a permanent fixture?

Was there in 2015, not in 2016.

I think we've seen the last of Flagtopia, sadly...

I think that with all of the new innovations, areas and expansions, something had to give.

Ben

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I think that with all of the new innovations, areas and expansions, something had to give.

Ben

I thought it was because they have a bonfire on that field now so they can't have the flags

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Shame - it would have provided some welcome shade tomorrow!