Glastocam!

pauladam

15 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Just looking at the webcam makes me wish I could have a sneak peak and the chance to have a little stroll around the site whilst it is like this...

Friend of mine who was on site today met with the operational manager of the festival. Apparently there are 2000 people already on site for the set up! 

21 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Friend of mine who was on site today met with the operational manager of the festival. Apparently there are 2000 people already on site for the set up! 

Have you heard anything more about security measures that are going to take place at all.

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

For someone that doesn't know the site all to well, whats all the stuff on the far left of the webcam. The small blue/turquoise tent? and all the stuff the only side of the road to the right?

that -may- be the Avalon Cafe, but I'm probably wrong :)

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

For someone that doesn't know the site all to well, whats all the stuff on the far left of the webcam. The small blue/turquoise tent? and all the stuff the only side of the road to the right?

I am also confused about that area and tent and I've been more times than I care to say.  Is that the big rail crossing, that's always really busy (with block of toilets on the railway) up from the West Holts and on the way to Greenpeace.  If it is then I've no idea what a turquoise tent is doing there.  Sense of direction not my thing so excuse me if I'm totally wrong.  Also it looks so different without everything in place.  Very excited now 

1 minute ago, mandb said:

I am also confused about that area and tent and I've been more times than I care to say.  Is that the big rail crossing, that's always really busy (with block of toilets on the railway) up from the West Holts and on the way to Greenpeace.  If it is then I've no idea what a turquoise tent is doing there.  Sense of direction not my thing so excuse me if I'm totally wrong.  Also it looks so different without everything in place.  Very excited now 

My interpretation is that it's somewhere left of avalon - I've been assuming avalon is in the clump of trees to the right.  That would put it very near district 9 - so I'm not very confident.  Maybe cabaret tent going up (if visible to us) will help place things.

17 minutes ago, mandb said:

So that is not the railway at all then :blink:

it is but the crossing you are thinking of is the one to the right of there, with the big red tent just below it.

Edit: at least I *think* that's the one you are thinking of...

Edited by Kay95

6 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

it is but the crossing you are thinking of is the one to the right of there, with the big red tent just below it.

Edit: at least I *think* that's the one you are thinking of...

No I'm sure thats the rail crossing at the corner of Pennards Hill (Toilets on the flat not on the railway line) Near the Glade .  Its all very confusing - 

Edited by mandb

5 minutes ago, payneruk said:

What's the light and dark blue striped round tent. Just the the right of the center? I think it's in Silver Hayes nothing matches up on the map.

Yeah. It's the same shape as Wow, but Wow is normally a bit further into the corner. Not sure....