Glastocam!

pauladam

We're back!

Speaker towers on the pyramid field going up

Hopefully the new other stage will have better sound quality, didn't think it was that good last year

Are there tiny people on the roof of the other stage?

Edited by Laurawfc

19 minutes ago, Laurawfc said:

Maybe I was standing too far away from it, may have been because of wind. It sounded awful during the 1975...or was that 2015?

I have to admit, I only saw a few bands there and I was always near the towers, so I didn't get any wind distortion.  It seems to have been a problem with that field for years, no matter what PA they use. I found it really well balanced for LCD, everything sounded really spot on.

I'm actually not sure what PA they use there, I thought it was a Martin Audio MLA like the Pyramid, but seems not to be:

http://www.tpimagazine.com/glastonbury-2016-the-highlights/

The award-winning MLA technology could not only be found at Pyramid but also John Peel Stage, West Holts and Block9 complex, while conventional Martin Audio line arrays featured at The Park and Billy Bragg’s Left Field stages.

2 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

In all fairness I quite like Chocolate, and The Sound.. and maybe Girls. Well apparently I'm a closet 1975 fan.

I like all those too, but can't stand anything by the 1975

Edited by billum
  • Upvote 4

I can't believe how much the little trees have grown up in the last few years up behind the stone circle! 

Love to see the Glastonbury font loud and clear on the Toilet sign..... so exciting!!!!

17 minutes ago, bexj said:

I can't believe how much the little trees have grown up in the last few years up behind the stone circle! 

Yesterday I watched somebody's Glastonbury home video from a few years ago in which they spread the ashes of one of their friends on a sapling up there, it choked me up quite a bit.

Imagine the feeling of seeing that grow into a mighty tree at Glastonbury, going back to it every year, wow.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Heartbreaker said:

Seeing the 'Toilets' sign by the Pyramid urinals send a shudder of excitement through me. 

I think I need help.

You think you're bad, but reading about you shudder with excitement made me shudder with excitement.  And to my knowledge, we've never even met. 

Cannot

Come

Quickly

Enough

Edited by Greenelk