Glastocam!

pauladam

They've been there almost a week. Where's your dedication to Glastocam?

OH!...Clearly i need up my game and stare at the cam more!!

I was suprisngly excited to see this development to!

Wonder if we'll get portrait screens as well.

UGH! I hope not! Bloody awful that idea is, if anything what festival stages need is that size screen but in landscape, then you would have a proper nice wide screen effect! (So you could see all of the band members at once!).

Its like people who film stuff on their phones in Portrait to share, it just looks awful!

As a little fun game in relation to the cam.

Guesses for the first night all of the little pathway lamp post lights will be switched on?

I'll go for 18th June.

I am going say either the monday or tuesday, 15/16th seems a good bet!

You can download the current panorama, which are 9160*1848, whereas the image displayed on the website is only 3966*800. The direct link is http://delivery2.panomax.com/processing/jobs/1219873/image.jpg and you can find older images by decreasing the number (trial and error), which seems to usually be around 9 to 12

You can get to the full size current image at this URL too:

https://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/recent_full.jpg

Well, the roof section for Other stage pretty much confirms what we expected about the new stage design being like the download/new RnL stage. Wonder if we'll get portrait screens as well.

Thats the best thing about RnL main stages the portrait screens, just crazily massive when you look up from the front :)

Continuing the camera rotation obsession on the full size image you can see distinct wobbliness in the image as the camera has recorded it's strips on the far far right, but nothing similar on the left

I therefore conclude they can go much further left and are hiding it on purpose. bastards.

What is that highlighted in the red circle?

VuNe0fA.png

Those are mowing decks, they come in 2s or 3s and fold up like that for storage - you can see one of the blades clearly like a normal rotary mower

Probably the very ones that've been cutting the fields - these are the ones we use don't think theirs has a roller and is designed to leave the cuttings in strips for collection

Edited by frostypaw

IIRC the festival comes together alarmingly quickly in the last week, it really is made just in time

The webcam is currently showing what is known as 'the nothingness' or 'the grey wall of misery and possible death' off to the left....

s

Probably the very ones that've been cutting the fields - these are the ones we use don't think theirs has a roller and is designed to leave the cuttings in strips for collection

Seems you were right! On the official site from yesterday: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/site-snaps-cut-grass-and-the-williams-green-sign/

gf029.jpg

gf050.jpg

Just looking at it, is making my hayfever tingle my nose!

Loads of generators and stuff at the Pyramid now, which looks like a kind of dumping ground for 'stuff'. I wonder when they'll be moved around the site, and what we can expect to happen next?

I am well out the loop as the WBC setup crew are in Ireland { some event at Slane Castle } and will be going direct to Glasto from there so will then find out what is going on.
I will be jumping on them to send some images.

I am well out the loop as the WBC setup crew are in Ireland { some event at Slane Castle } and will be going direct to Glasto from there so will then find out what is going on.
I will be jumping on them to send some images.

What day are you heading to the farm my friend?

What day are you heading to the farm my friend?

I could be there tomorrow but I cant leave my cats for that long so I just take the crew coach which departs from London at Noon Tuesday 23 June.
The WBC has a fancy booking system { as they run coaches from all over the place } but some years some people will show up ' who have a later booking ' so to save all the arguments I get a shot of a empty pick up point and My Team and I will be on the first coach that departs .
In recent years the Coach coordinator will be checking people and handing out a coach pass that shows which coach they have been allocated so its getting better but a few will still chance their arm.
Now this may look a strange question - I always ask the driver does he know where he is going ? - there is only a 50% chance he does - the ones who have never been before I will stand beside them showing where to go.
its a easy drive as the traffic is normal and I know which gate he has to enter and I know the guy who will be waiting for us - it all cuts down mistakes - one year one coach ended up at Blue gate by mistake ' and they all walked off the coach ' it was only at that point did they work out they could not get in so they had to carry all their gear around the outside to reach the coach station - still cant work that one out as I know some of them who were on that coach and there was some who should have worked out they were at the wrong gate - anyway that will never happen to the coach I am on.
Once I spot him we will pull over and he will have a GFL Official with him who has the actual crew wrist bands { we don't get issued with tickets }
this GFL Official has a iPad { or whatever its called } so they can verify every one and then we drop them off and we enter the site - takes about 30 minuets for all the red tape - coach drives up to the crew campsite and we unload - bang up the tents and then pick up our WBC photo pass and then its time for a drink - last year I think we had the tents up by 16.30 { as the coach left early }

P1000824-2014.jpg

• Upvote 1