Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes please! Although they headlined a few small festivals last time they toured... are they too big for other headline now? Pyramid sub more likely?

I don't know if they'd work or accept Pyramid sub, I can only see them as an Other headliner. I saw them at Latitude and the MEN arena in 2012, it was by no means a full MEN arena, mind. At Latitude it seemed they were all anybody talked about for the whole weekend, Thursday and Friday was just Bon Iver build up, but it seemed like Elbow pulled a far bigger crowd in the end, maybe day tickets was the reason, I spotted a fair few celebs in Elbow's crowd, and I'm usually oblivious to them, so I think there must have been an influx. That Friday night was insane though, Lana Del Rey into Metronomy into Bon Iver, it was the stuff dreams are made of. I had hoped Justin might make an appearance with Kanye this year, but it's clearly not happening.

Speaking of which Lana Del Rey has new album in September, I know she played in 2014 but I'm bitter I missed her and I hope she returns very soon.

Also Bon iver would be a cracking booking and if it happens I hope to god I don't miss it. True music that's full of memories (for me) and makes me feel.

Excuse me I'm hungover and being very sentimental and the thought of Bon iver still being around is very very nice.

If at least one of those ain't headlining the Other Stage next year then I'm not going in 2017.

:P

Pyramid / Pyramid subs:

Radiohead // Bon Iver

Taylor Swift // Disclosure

Biffy Clyro // Queens Of The Stone Age

Other Stage

The 1975

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Chase & Status

earliest and probably most unrealistic punt ever :P

:P

Pyramid / Pyramid subs:

Radiohead // Bon Iver

Taylor Swift // Disclosure

Biffy Clyro // Queens Of The Stone Age

Other Stage

The 1975

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Chase & Status

earliest and probably most unrealistic punt ever :P

The stuff of dreams (except Biffy, they can stay away)