Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adele will not headline! She may sell gazillions of records/downloads but is hardly essential live viewing...

if she were to agree to it, she'd headline. the only thing that would stop her would be the fact she apparently hates huge crowds (but being one of the current biggest selling acts around, that's something she'll have to overcome soon enough)

yeah, Adele isn't likely to be playing Glastonbury until she starts doing large outdoor gigs.

given that she probably isn't doing any this summer, and I can't imagine her first outdoor gig in many, many years will be a headline slot at Glastonbury 2016, it will probably be 2018 before she plays, if ever.

Edited by ghostdancer1

How hard is it to run from the Pyramid to Other Stage (or vice versa). I want to see both Kanye and George Clinton. Is this possible?

You won't be able to catch both in entirety. Clinton will be on the West Holts stage which is about a fifteen minute walk, and quicker obviously if you chose to run.

Daft punk is a good shout and I will be buying a ticket for this reason, they tour roughly every ten years, if doesn't happen next year it's highly unlikely they'd do 2018

i know there's a thread somehwere on Biffy Clyro. But could someone give me a brief heads up as to why everyone seems to think they're nailed on for next year as headliner?

I know they've come up slowly and headlined other major festivals etc but just why are they deemed as a definite already?

Edited by Likearollingstone

i know there's a thread somehwere on Biffy CLyro. But could someone give me a brief heads up as to why everyone seems to think they're nailed on for next year as healdiner?

I know they've come up slowly and headlined other major festivals etc but just why are they deemed as a definite already?

Because they're the worst band on the planet, and the worst band on the planet has headlined the Pyramid one night every year for the past 5 or 6 festivals.

Looks like Queen would've done it in 2015 if it wasn't for their lead.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a648768/queen-would-be-interested-in-headlining-glastonbury-with-adam-lambert.html#~pdppqcvFWu4fAM

I would predict:

Queen

Coldplay

Rihanna

if they're gonna be starting booking tribute bands as headliners, that's where I'll be bowing out.

Music will be over, and all point will have gone.

Edited by eFestivals

i know there's a thread somehwere on Biffy Clyro. But could someone give me a brief heads up as to why everyone seems to think they're nailed on for next year as headliner?

Because they haven't headlined, simply. They'll be too recent for a few of the major festivals so will be looking for ones they haven't done, and also Glastonbury will be wanting headliners that they haven't had before/too recently. I don't think it'll happen but I can see why people think it; it was similar for Kasabian last year.

Because they haven't headlined, simply. They'll be too recent for a few of the major festivals so will be looking for ones they haven't done, and also Glastonbury will be wanting headliners that they haven't had before/too recently. I don't think it'll happen but I can see why people think it; it was similar for Kasabian last year.

Yeah i get what you're saying here. With Kasabian everyone was shouting for them and got what they wanted. Personal preference for Biffy Clyro I don't particularly like their tunes although they do put on a good live show.

Need the rets of this years lineup before we can get too concerned with next year!