Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they played in both 2010 and 2011 so unless something's happened between then and now, i don't see why reason why they wouldn't play again. if they have a new album ready by 2016 (which the should have) then they surely have to be a likely contender. if they're not booked next year, then i think we can safely say it's not gonna happen again

Dunno. Didn't it take them like a year to even begin touring TKOL? If the album's out in 2016 I wouldn't be surprised if the touring doesn't start until after Glastonbury and they play in 2017.

They released TKOL in 2011 last time and toured in 2012 (headlining coachella in the April), they're looking for a late 2015 release for this album which should mean a 2016 tour. Very skeptical about them headlining though because they are decreasing in popularity nowadays.

Radiohead

Taylor Swift

hmm that's not a bad shout actually... maybe after seeing the positive suggestions for her this year they may go for her next year on the back end of her massive 1989 tour?

The Red tour lasted two years so it's not that unlikely...

They released TKOL in 2011 last time and toured in 2012 (headlining coachella in the April), they're looking for a late 2015 release for this album which should mean a 2016 tour. Very skeptical about them headlining though because they are decreasing in popularity nowadays.

Nonsense, their music might not quite have the mainstream appeal it once did but there are still scores of people who would love to see them. They'd be a fantastic headliner without a doubt.

hmm that's not a bad shout actually... maybe after seeing the positive suggestions for her this year they may go for her next year on the back end of her massive 1989 tour?

The Red tour lasted two years so it's not that unlikely...

Well we're ruling everyone else out on the basis of them not headlining on the second Summer touring an album.

Nonsense, their music might not quite have the mainstream appeal it once did but there are still scores of people who would love to see them. They'd be a fantastic headliner without a doubt.

They would be, they're my favourite band. We'll just have to see how the next album does I guess

Well we're ruling everyone else out on the basis of them not headlining on the second Summer touring an album.

You might be, I've got no patience for these false invisible rules that people like inventing.

If - as may be probable - they have Ed Sheeran and Biffy Clyro in mind for next year they're gonna need someone pretty impressive (on the scale of ACDC or Madonna) to balance them out.

i reckon Biffy are likely but can't see it being Sheeran at all. reckon he'll still be writing album next year, then release it in time for 2017 where TITP/V will have a scramble over who can snatch him up. we're safe from that one for a good few years imo