thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biffy

Coldplay

Sheeran

I hope I'm wrong because that looks feckin awful. Actually... Hope I'm right as I'm not planning to go next year.

I think you will be. Sheeran isn't likely at all. He'll not have a new album out by next year and headlining Glasto after playing all of Glasto, T and V the year before doing 3 nights at Wembley will lead to a break. Personally, you can probably discount: Ed Sheeran, Blur, Noel Gallagher, Muse and Prince. I also think Foals and Rihanna will be out the running. Foals purely as if any fest bumps them next year it'll be Reading 1st, even more chance if the new pay structure continues. I even tempted to say Radiohead, while I won't discount them, I do think they are less likely for some reason.

I'd say Rihanna isn't out of the running at all, she's not doing any UK fests this year and the album seems to be taking longer than expected to be released.

If Glasto get her next year it will probably be the first festival to get her (in the UK) on her new album cycle. Plus judging by her past festival appearances she seems to play them after the album has dropped.

I think you will be. Sheeran isn't likely at all. He'll not have a new album out by next year and headlining Glasto after playing all of Glasto, T and V the year before doing 3 nights at Wembley will lead to a break. Personally, you can probably discount: Ed Sheeran, Blur, Noel Gallagher, Muse and Prince. I also think Foals and Rihanna will be out the running. Foals purely as if any fest bumps them next year it'll be Reading 1st, even more chance if the new pay structure continues. I even tempted to say Radiohead, while I won't discount them, I do think they are less likely for some reason.

I'm not sure we'll ever see Radiohead again. Wasn't there a rumour that they pulled out due to "green concerns" a couple of years ago? I wonder if they're not bothered anymore sadly. Edited by Hugh Jass

I'm not sure we'll ever see Radiohead again. Wasn't there a rumour that they pulled out due to "green concerns" a couple of years ago? I wonder if they're not bothered anymore sadly.

they played in both 2010 and 2011 so unless something's happened between then and now, i don't see why reason why they wouldn't play again. if they have a new album ready by 2016 (which the should have) then they surely have to be a likely contender. if they're not booked next year, then i think we can safely say it's not gonna happen again

I'm not sure we'll ever see Radiohead again. Wasn't there a rumour that they pulled out due to "green concerns" a couple of years ago? I wonder if they're not bothered anymore sadly.

I just wonder if they look at their 1997 was it?, and 2003 and think they did it and they were a moment?, a bit like I guess people see Blur. Not that Thom doesn't love Glasto but he's DJ'd and appeared there in recent years but nothing from the band except for that secret set which was 2 out of 3 of them I think. If we think about the gap between playing, then there was a 5 year gap between headline sets like there is with a few that play so that'd make 2009 at the earliest and they opted whichever pay for Reading instead. They did play a pre-KOL gig at Glasto in 2011 but for the main album tour they had potentially 2013 to play and just did some arena's. They don't interest me mind.

they played in both 2010 and 2011 so unless something's happened between then and now, i don't see why reason why they wouldn't play again. if they have a new album ready by 2016 (which the should have) then they surely have to be a likely contender. if they're not booked next year, then i think we can safely say it's not gonna happen again

It's only been secret sets though and not the full band. Are you sure about 2010?, they did in 2011. If something happened in 2010 then it wasn't enough to go down as a Radiohead show, judging by setlist.fm anyway. As I've said, what has changed is Thom mentioning about the sound and if his greener ideas are an issue that might come into it.

It's only been secret sets though and not the full band. Are you sure about 2010?, they did in 2011. If something happened in 2010 then it wasn't enough to go down as a Radiohead show, judging by setlist.fm anyway. As I've said, what has changed is Thom mentioning about the sound and if his greener ideas are an issue that might come into it.

it was Thom and Jonny so yeah, not all of Radiohead, but it was still some of the core members of the band. maybe they do have issues with the sound, but it'd be an odd reason to just not play the festival again, especially since they seem to be huge friends and fans of the festival, having appeared in some guise almost every year

The xx to release a dancier, massively successful third album and shoot to the top of the Pyramid. Done.

New direction is produced by Calvin Harris =p

of what prominence do you speak? i don't think they'd warrant much more than a high-ish Other spot or possibly even JP headline these days. there was a bit of hype over the initial reunion, but this second time round a lot less people seem to care

They are an odd one actually, towards the end of the last reunion they headlined latitude and had an Earls Court show which was their biggest to date! So depending on how any new material goes down, could maybe headline Other still. More likely for JP I guess, which would be amazing.

it isn;t gonna be Oasis - Oasis aren't reforming

Yup, and when they do, it will be for mega money which people don't seem to get.

New direction is produced by Calvin Harris =p

They are an odd one actually, towards the end of the last reunion they headlined latitude and had an Earls Court show which was their biggest to date! So depending on how any new material goes down, could maybe headline Other still. More likely for JP I guess, which would be amazing.

Yup, and when they do, it will be for mega money which people don't seem to get.

oh I get this and totally agree, it's the reason I didn't believe they were playing this year tbh.... but this is just a random guess thread maybe a 1000 pages in we might have a better idea lol