Muse

42hamlet

I was at a party for a family friend a few weeks back and got chatting to a guy there, he knows this friend because he runs a toy shop on the Island (family friend is a toy distributor) he basically said that Rob is always in there buying toys and had told him it was Muse (the guys daughter works at Robin Hill park so gets free tickets) he told me that without me mentioning Bestival at all, just chatting about festivals in general because I told him I had been to Glastonbury - I can't see any reason to think he wouldn't have been telling the truth.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like a return to the old days when you used to get an unannounced special guest or two on the line-up each year.

In 2008 they managed to keep The Specials reforming followed by Grace Jones under wraps. I didn't know who either would be before they walked out (I'd guessed the Specials but wasn't sure).

Edited by Homer

Lethal Bizzle and The Kooks were unannounced last year, as was Wiley I think the year before.  Though their appearances have always been announced a few hours in advance, which I think is necessary when there are so many other things that people could be doing other than waiting for a mystery guest they might not like.

Lethal Bizzle and The Kooks were unannounced last year, as was Wiley I think the year before.

I can't remember if they were ever anounced on the L.E.D. boards around the site. All I can remember was Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip announced as their last ever set.

I can't remember if they were ever anounced on the L.E.D. boards around the site. All I can remember was Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip announced as their last ever set.

Not sure if the Kooks were on the LED boards, but Bizzle and Wiley definitely were.

I can't see any reason why it's not going to be Muse this year, the responses RdB has given on Twitter is a bit of a giveaway. 

Neither can I but... they are such a huge massive act!

I'm guessing it will be around sunset when they come on? How long do we think they will play for?

If it is Muse then Matt Bellamy is a big fat lier. I'd love it to be them but I'm thinking it might have fallen through.

yeah i'm sure getting an act who is undoubtedly bigger than all of your headline acts to play in a non-headline spot isn't a walk in the park and is riddled with complications. wouldn't surprise me at all if it went to pot somewhere down the line

Way back in the day, before anyone had heard the phrase "internet troll", I had a website that massively slagged off Will Smith, and also Robbie Williams. I intended to add more pages, but I couldn't actually think of any other acts that I thought were even in the same league of shit as those two.

Edited by smogo

Way back in the day, before anyone had heard the phrase "internet troll", I had a website that massively slagged off Will Smith, and also Robbie Williams. I intended to add more pages, but I couldn't actually think of any other acts that I thought were even in the same league of shit as those two.

Robbie as well? You're an extra type of evil. :P

The whole Muse scenario has been bizarre from start to finish, would love to know what's been happening behind closed doors

Maybe it's a Matt Bellamy solo set... (how w*nk would that be)

Maybe it's Matt Bellamy & Kanye West - Watch the Drone.