Muse

42hamlet

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully not the case with the setlist changes - if Bestival is gonna get Muse i want them in full rocking 2007 and earlier mode. this has weirded me out. don't think anybody saw this coming

So Muse have gone from headlining any festival they want in the UK to Bestival? That can only be looked at as a drop in stature a bit surely? I know Elton and Stevie Wonder but that's more a heritage act really. It's a huge booking for Bestival mind. Defo adds the the whole Muse playing Berlin Lolla as well.

Edited by thewayiam

So Muse have gone from headlining any festival they want in the UK to Bestival? That can only be looked at as a drop in stature a bit surely? I know Elton and Stevie Wonder but that's more a heritage act really. It's a huge booking for Bestival mind. Defo adds the the whole Muse playing Berlin Lolla as well.

I think the point is that they do want to headline Bestival

I wouldn't be surprised if they approached Bestival to headline as opposed to the other way round, as was the case with Download

Matt Bellamy let it slip in an interview that Muse will be at Bestival this year

Same as Floorfiller, I thought you might have been on something but it's there clear as day. Nice spot!

Heck that's pretty crazy. Maybe Muse just wanted to knock that one off the list.

Edited by dentalplan

Forgot about that. So they'll be Friday at Bestival taking that into account then.

good stuff! still leaves the door open for your big pop Sunday headliner then. fingers crossed for Kylie - would be a strong and diverse set of headliners if it turns out to be her

Should've seen this one coming...

“Hear this as the first of the whispers… the festival returns to its roots. A salute to the original muses: Music, Freedom, Peace, Love and Euphoria. In the year 2015, Bestival acknowledges its ancestry with the theme, ’Bestival’s Summer of Love’.

:P

Edited by MattDavies__

Just saw this! Bloody hell! Was getting sad about Bestival not having a decent line up, then this!!! MUSE!

Was really suspect when I saw the article on the NME, but you can't mistake him saying Bestival at all in the video!!!

MUSE!!! This is going be ace!

The efests article begins:

Bestival which takes place at Robin Hill Country Park on the Isle of Wight, from Thursday 10th until Sunday 13th September 2015, still has to announce its final headliner for this year.

Matt Bellemy of Muse, speaking backstage at The Snooker World Championship, has let the cat out of the bag and revealed its them.

The Chemical Brothers (live) headline Saturday night and Underworld for Thursday.

Neil - do you know something we don't? Is there one night without a headliner? Or has one of the previously-announced acts been bumped up?

The efests article begins:

Neil - do you know something we don't? Is there one night without a headliner? Or has one of the previously-announced acts been bumped up?

are you on about the last line you've quoted?

I don't normally write any of the news articles here nor follow the announcements so I know exactly what's going on with any festival.

I did write this bit of news (to avoid hassling Scott on a bank holiday), and all of the parts of today's article below the video are copied directly from the previous Bestival news piece.

If that ain't right, then it's Scott who's been doing it wrong - and I'll take it up with him tomorrow.

Oh right, sorry Neil I thought you were the main man round these parts (and did EVERYTHING!).

But no, I was referring to "[bestival] still has to announce its final headliner for this year.... Matt Bellemy of Muse [has] revealed its them."

If you include the Thursday night Big Top headliner (Underworld), then Bestival has four main headliners across the weekend, of which we now know the identities of three.