To the people who rock out the boots not wellies

Keto

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a set of boots from screwfix for a skiing trip in jan, just wanted something that would be light and have a bit of grip in the snow

worn them for work most days since, and will definitely be taking them to worthy farm! one of the best £25 i ever spent!

Due to budget constraints, I am off to Sports Direct today to get some gaiters and boots. I need new wellies as I found Sunday! I chopped them at the sides so I could fold them down last time and the split continued to split! Turns out that where they were stored they must have ripped. I figure that for the £20 it would cost for a DECENT set of wellies I may as well spend a few quid on some boots and waterproofer and gaiters. I have seen some good ones on the website for £24-40 so I will go and try on a few pairs and see whats kicking (not literally!)

I am also due for my pre Glasto haircut today (I hate getting my fucking hair cut) which is lovely........

Hiking boots all the way.

In my 13 years of going to Glastonbury, I think there are only two occasions where I might have preferred other footwear:

- 2007 when it was Biblically wet

- 2010 when it was stupidly hot

Even then it was marginal, and when you factor in carrying the change of footwear, it's a no-brainer.

Due to budget constraints, I am off to Sports Direct today to get some gaiters and boots. I need new wellies as I found Sunday! I chopped them at the sides so I could fold them down last time and the split continued to split! Turns out that where they were stored they must have ripped. I figure that for the £20 it would cost for a DECENT set of wellies I may as well spend a few quid on some boots and waterproofer and gaiters. I have seen some good ones on the website for £24-40 so I will go and try on a few pairs and see whats kicking (not literally!)

I am also due for my pre Glasto haircut today (I hate getting my fucking hair cut) which is lovely........

In furtherance to the above - went to SD today and its a good thing I didn't order right away, I have always had problems with shoes (usually size 11 but my left foot is half a size smaller) so with boots, I usually buy a size smaller as they come out bigger. 11 too big, 10 too small both feet!

It also turns out the shoes I chose (£30 on website) were £42.99 in store, now I know I need the half size I have ordered them off their website (£30 plus £4.99 delivery for a £7.99 saving AND the half size), just need to wait for them to arrive at the store now which will be by next Weds at the latest and hope I get enough wear into them before G!

In furtherance to the above - went to SD today and its a good thing I didn't order right away, I have always had problems with shoes (usually size 11 but my left foot is half a size smaller) so with boots, I usually buy a size smaller as they come out bigger. 11 too big, 10 too small both feet!

It also turns out the shoes I chose (£30 on website) were £42.99 in store, now I know I need the half size I have ordered them off their website (£30 plus £4.99 delivery for a £7.99 saving AND the half size), just need to wait for them to arrive at the store now which will be by next Weds at the latest and hope I get enough wear into them before G!

Me too...!

Went to the local SD to try for size, usually a 10 but having tried a few pairs settled on size 11...

Went for the Karrimor KSB Skido in Brown.

£30.00 on web but £39.99 in store....and they wouldn't price match, but -

Order on-line for store collection in 2 to 4 days, (£4.99 delivery, same as home delivery!) then once you collect they give you a £5.00 voucher to spend in-store, so effectively free delivery....

Jobs a good un....!

Obviously you'd only do that if the store was local but something to bear in mind if ordering on-line....!

Me too...!

Went to the local SD to try for size, usually a 10 but having tried a few pairs settled on size 11...

Went for the Karrimor KSB Skido in Brown.

£30.00 on web but £39.99 in store....and they wouldn't price match, but -

Order on-line for store collection in 2 to 4 days, (£4.99 delivery, same as home delivery!) then once you collect they give you a £5.00 voucher to spend in-store, so effectively free delivery....

Jobs a good un....!

Obviously you'd only do that if the store was local but something to bear in mind if ordering on-line....!

You ordered the same boots! They tried to charge me £42.99! That Mike Ashley really is a fucking c**t isn't he lol?!

Next day with the boots, and used the £5 voucher towards gaiters. Boots fit lovely. I am a bit worried about the arches though as they are a bit stiff but I am sure I can get enough wear into them over the next 2 weeks before the festie!

Thanks for the advice on the threads here guys, glad I can potentially say goodbye to my wellies now! Hate the fucking things.......

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to thank you for your advice! I used my brashers all weekend even with the heavy shower. My feet stayed bone dry and comfortable! My friends in wellies were struggling complaining about feet pain. I can't redommend boots enough for anyone going to a festival especially glasto which involves A LOT of walking!

Had hiking boots on the fulltime whilst in the festival (was tempted with wellies on the Sunday morning after sleeping through the rain that morning & guessing how the site was, but decided site was going to dry out, so proved a good decision)

Whilst at the camper van, just had trainers on / flip flops, socks off, would have baby wipes to clean feet at night and on couple occasions used Savlon (did a lot of walking and feet were marking up), had shower in camper so after shower would have talcum powder on feet before fresh socks and back into hiking boots (goretex salomon ones)

Would still always take wellies just in case the mud was constant and overwhelming boots though

Boots all weekend here too, was much lighter on the feet this year as you could sit down most of the time. Last festival I had some serious aching going on, not a jot this time. Not sure I danced as much though.

Had some lovely boots-off during Lionel too, the upper parts of the pyramid field were great.

I took my wellies for emergencies but didn't use them.

Boots and nice walking socks and I didn't have sore feet until the wee smalls. Was lovely. First year except the years there were no rain on the main performance days that I have been able to say that my feet weren't totally fucked. Best decision I have ever made that.

Timberlands plus 1000 mile socks worked a treat for me. Didn't even have chance to wear them in beforehand.

Finally got around to cleaning them yesterday and they're almost as good as new. Can't see me returning to wellies.

Walking boots here haven't needed wellies since 2007 and even then it was the depth of water rather than walking boots leaking that did it.

I converted a few of my group to the boots this year, all said they'd never go back to wellies and they couldn't believe how much less their feet hurt and no blisters etc

• 2 weeks later...

Then I just had crusty gross gaiter parts and buckles and stuff instead.... All for them in just wet or walks, but that much mud and wanting to not think about getting splashed they lose out

Though someone managed to splash mud up to my waistline in the smattering we had this year really dunno quite how