Future Islands

Inconspicuous

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much better live than on records, everyone one will be giving it socks once they get going so much energy. I loved the point where the kid was shocked to be on screen during tinman and the whole crowd cheering, everyone got involved, fantastic ending to a brilliant performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO5wHmGnUIc

Definitely go see. I started out last year thinking they were bonkers. Then they slowly grew on me and I started listening to their back catalogue. Since seeing them on Other Stage, I'm a total fan. Gotta love someone who gives that much of a shit and goes for it that hard.

Apart from his crazy dancing is to cover up the fact that their tunes are pretty average, whereas Curtis danced to some of the best tunes ever written.

Yeah - no offence Chazza36 but that is not comparable but props to you for the Joy Division love Edited by ravermum

They're supporting fucking M*Mf*rd in Australia. Real life shit meets contrived bullshit. The banjo loving twerps they have as fans will probably think they're shit, it's a travesty.

Ooft, one of the gigs goes Future Islands, Jake Bugg then Mumford & Sons. Not often I say something like this but I feel sorry for Jake Bugg there, he's boring enough as it is without having to follow Future Islands!

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Bought tickets for Liverpool yesterday. There Other stage performance was great so have picked up some of the back catalogue over the last couple of yeras. To be honest have been underwhelmed but hoping that as others up thread have said "live" is there forte.