CD Swap 2015

admscott

Hey guys, update from group C

I managed to burn & send just one CD before my machine jammed! Eek.

So, alternatives - I sent a .zip file to The Placid Casual via wetransfer, If anyone else would like a copy just inbox me your email address.

Second alternative is a jack to jack from my mac to a sony compact tape recorder and I will happily post cassettes for anyone interested.

Compact Disc's Man! Yeesus!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are now in the post, group B.

A little hastily put together, but I hope you enjoy them!

Thanks Neil, I will send mine out today. I'm sure I will enjoy.

As ever I feel the pressure of trying to put together something listenable, I add some track onto the cd then as soon as I've sent it I think it's rubbish and I'll appear to have no taste (which is true).

Hey guys, update from group C

I managed to burn & send just one CD before my machine jammed! Eek.

So, alternatives - I sent a .zip file to The Placid Casual via wetransfer, If anyone else would like a copy just inbox me your email address.

Second alternative is a jack to jack from my mac to a sony compact tape recorder and I will happily post cassettes for anyone interested.

Compact Disc's Man! Yeesus!

Well if it's any consolation, I've really enjoyed the CD you sent to me, love the Pixar stickers! The CD itself is a very pleasing mix of stuff I already loved and stuff I'm being introduced to, really great listen it so far.

I'd like to point out that me having Fool by Nadine Shah on the CDs and including when/where the acts are playing were both in motion before I received jpeee's CD, I did not copy him! I've got one CD burned and packaged, working on the other two as we speak, this awaking the arts and crafts kid that's been dormant within my soul for too long.

Beloved Group C-ers – TPFKAW(Placid), jpeee, GOML – thanks for the kind words! Look forward to receiving all of yours.

That Jon Hopkins track with the Purity Ring vocal is pure gorgeous. Gutted he’s clashed previously for me, and clashes this year with Suede.

Incidentally (*plug warning*), I also write prose fiction; so if anyone viewing this thread digs short stories, then check out my mix-oriented piece ‘The Trojan Horse Mixtape’ for free over on Amazon here. (It’s the first story in the anthology, so you can sneakily use Amazon’s “Look Inside” feature to read it for free.)

If you dig, then please like my author page, which then might help with arts funding/not being broke/resorting to turning tricks in the future. And if you fancy something a little less John Hughes and 500 Days of Summer, and something more with a Twilight Zone and Donnie Darko twist and taste, then check out my piece 'Lemming' in the Chuck Palahniuk (‘Fight Club’)-edited anthology 'Burnt Tongues' that came out last year here

I've messaged everyone else in my group, if I've got addresses the CDs should be with you all over the weekend if luck is on my side.

Need your address grayfitz and cassiel1972 ... apologies to you both and stutheblue in advance for the improvised cases (they do look like a child made them but was the best I could do on short notice!)

Edited by Helephantelope

just burned 4 cds, though still need to write track listings. Will try to post them to everyone in group a tomorrow. I just have the cd in a case and planning on putting it in an envelope. Bit paranoid they might get snapped in the post, but don't have bubble wrap or anything like that. How has everyone else posted their cds?

As I wasn't sure what people would be into, mine is a variety of what my group (not just myself) plans to see over the weekend, of pretty varied styles.

Hope you enjoy.

Played Buddypaul's last night. A good mix of stuff.

Benjamin Booker isn't someone I was aware of and I really liked that. Shame he clashes with Motorhead.

It's not a CD, but I have been finding free MP3 downloads of people playing this year and posting them in THIS THREAD. Here's the list of all the songs I found that I heartily reccommend to everyone:

Acollective - Breakapart (on the Pangaea LP)
Adam Cohen - We Go Home
Adam Cohen - What Other Guy
Akua Naru - The World Is Listening
Al O'Kane feat. Tessa Bickers - Always Listening
Al O'Kane feat. Tessa Bickers - See You Soon
Caribou - Odessa
Cate Ferris - GottaDoBetta
Catfish And The Bottlemen - Pacifier
Courtney Barnett - Avant Gardener (on the Milk Records Sampler)(Name Your Price
Courtney Barnett - History Eraser
Courtney Barnett - Lance Jr
Courtney Barnett - Pedestrian At Best (on the Bonnaroo Sampler)
Courtney Barnett - Pedestrian At Best
Courtney Barnett Pickles From the Jar (on the Milk Records Sampler)(Name Your Price)
Doomtree - Bangarang
Fight The Bear - Moon (on the Bear Essentials EP)
Fight The Bear - Quest Song (on the Bear Essentials EP)
Fold - Human Again (Name Your Price)
Fold - So It Goes (on the We Must Speak EP)(Name Your Price)
Future Islands - Balance
Future Islands - Before The Bridge
Future Islands - Before The Bridge
Future Islands - Tin Man
Goodnight Lenin - Almost Cut My Hair
Hayley McKay - Halfway Place (on the Here We Go Again EP)
Jane Weaver - Pain (on the Silver Chords EP)
Jess Goyder - Demons To Tea
John Grant - Glacier (on the Partisan Records Sampler)
John Grant - GMF (Greatest Living Creature)
Kate Tempest - Lonely Daze
Kate Tempest - Lonely Daze
Keston Cobblers Club - For Words
Lazy Habits - Starting Fires
Lazy Habits - Starting Fires (Radio Edit)
Mann Friday - Clouds From A Plane (on the Getting To Glasto LP)
Mann Friday - Sunrise Every Day (on the Getting To Glasto LP)
Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
Other Lives - 2 Pryamids (on the Rituals Preview EP)
Public Service Broadcasting - Spitfire
Rag'N'Bone Man - No Mother (on the Wolves EP)
Rag'N'Bone Man - Reuben's Train (on the Wolves EP)
Rag'N'Bone Man - Sirens (on the Wolves EP)
Rory McLeod - Farewell Welfare (Part One)
Run The Jewels - 36" Chain (on the Run The Jewels LP)
Run The Jewels - A Christmas Fucking Miracle (on the Run The Jewels LP)
Run The Jewels - Angel Duster (on the Run The Jewels II LP)
Run The Jewels - Job Well Done (on the Run The Jewels LP)
Run The Jewels - Jeopardy (on the Run The Jewels II LP)
SBTRKT - Wildfire
Sharon Van Etten - Serpents
Sharon Van Etten - Taking Chances
Songhoy Blues - Soubour (on the Songhoy Blues Sampler EP)
Stealing Sheep - Shut Eye
The Little Unsaid - Midnight On An Island
Vintage Trouble - Blues Hand Me Down (on the Noisetrade Sampler EP)
Wolf Alice - Moaning Lisa Smile

It's about 3 hours and 20 minutes in total, so if you are burning it to CDs it'll probably take 3. A few of the links might not work, as I compiled the list a few weeks ago and it's possible some of them have changed/expired.

Group d gang.

Did you receive my cds? My missus wasn't sure about my badly scrawled addresses for you

Yep, that one arrived, thanks.  It started with Leftfield?  Gave it a quick listen last night, but just going to put it on again now to have a proper listen.

Edited by buddiepaul

Just got home to find Greenelks...

The effort you have put into that is amazing. I really need to up my game for next year!

Looking forward to listening.

Cheers.  They've become a bit of a labour of love thing for me.  First started doing them in 2005, and now have a special guest doing CD one every year, with me doing CD two.

Hope you enjoy them.