Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 hour ago, andyb66 said:

sorted!!  i did a google search of what is meant to be in the hosts file and just copied it in and we're back in business. I've been going round in circles for days.

many thanks!!

You’re welcome, glad you’re sorted! A Ghost of Ticket Day Past could have really screwed you up there!

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

I could not take another few weeks on this thread next year. Having a heart attack when I received a text and then on the verge of near collapse when its an actual text !!

That said working from home I had it down to 20 seconds to input all details and I was all over it for nothing to happen !!!!!

On 9/16/2018 at 9:44 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

You’re welcome, glad you’re sorted! A Ghost of Ticket Day Past could have really screwed you up there!

Hmmmm is this something we should all be a) checking for and b) know how to do incase of some error such as this on T-Day?

Who knew Glastonbury could indirectly make you a tech genius?!

Let’s all go into this initial sale with just one thing. A positive mental attitude!!

We will get tickets. We will get tickets. That’s the mantra we must all adopt.

And then when we don’t get tickets we can then let off steam in here by calling Seetickets all the names under the sun like normal. ?

I'm going down a totally different route this year with regard to the initial sale. I'm going to ask as many people as i can to try on my behalf on Oct 7th and offer a star prize to the person who manages to snaffle tickets. I'm thinking alcohol.... a lot of alcohol!!

I’m now contemplating changing my home internet provider. But I’m petrified it won’t be up and running by Sunday morning! My BT home hub seems to go tits up every couple of weeks for no apparent reason.

To be fair the speed of your connection probably has no bearing on whether you get through or not. It’s pot bloody luck!

Doing all my T-Day prep today...

Windows updates, full virus scan, disk defrag, clear browser history, check last year's seetickets host entry has been removed, disable windows update service, disable anti-virus.

Got to do that on four PC's. Then check one will still tether to my phone and work correctly, check my VPN is OK and I can access places while being "abroad". Finally update text file with reg numbers & post codes and program it into function keys...

And keeping one eye on twitter etc for ticket news (who cares about headliner rumors). 

Could do with a "secret sale" as this is stressful.

19 hours ago, Penrhos said:

Doing all my T-Day prep today...

Windows updates, full virus scan, disk defrag, clear browser history, check last year's seetickets host entry has been removed, disable windows update service, disable anti-virus.

Got to do that on four PC's. Then check one will still tether to my phone and work correctly, check my VPN is OK and I can access places while being "abroad". Finally update text file with reg numbers & post codes and program it into function keys...

And keeping one eye on twitter etc for ticket news (who cares about headliner rumors). 

Could do with a "secret sale" as this is stressful.

reg numbers and postcodes program into function keys? any chance you can talk me through  how one would go about this?

On 9/29/2018 at 9:53 PM, andyb66 said:

I’m now contemplating changing my home internet provider. But I’m petrified it won’t be up and running by Sunday morning! My BT home hub seems to go tits up every couple of weeks for no apparent reason.

Do you have a phone you could tether (i.e. use your phone's data as an internet connection)? If so, practice switching on your personal hotspot and connecting your computer to it. Google this for more info. If your internet goes tits up, this could be your lifeline.

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Do you have a phone you could tether (i.e. use your phone's data as an internet connection)? If so, practice switching on your personal hotspot and connecting your computer to it. Google this for more info. If your internet goes tits up, this could be your lifeline.

As many devices with as many browsers over as many different ISP connections / VPNs as possible... and still it sells out before you get to purchase tickets... aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh... so. much. stress.

Good luck on Thurs and Sun to the 2017 secret resale thread gang. If anyone deserves tickets it's you (and me!). Husband & I have been practicing this weekend to test out the allowed f5-ing rate: 2 laptops on the same wifi are ok (had to hit 60 refreshes each to be kicked to the holding page), but 2 browsers on the same laptop share the 60/min limit.

6 hours ago, kalifire said:

Thanks for the tip. That would never have crossed my mind! Could come in handy.

How many people are there in your group of people trying to get tickets. Think we're up to F.. Luckily I'm in A.. 

Got to get coach people then regig.. Although as some might know this being my last Glastonbury I'm not really bothered about this year's sale as I have other things on my mind.. BUT HELL I'LL BE ON LINE... Good luck everyone 

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

How many people are there in your group of people trying to get tickets. Think we're up to F.. Luckily I'm in A.. 

Got to get coach people then regig.. Although as some might know this being my last Glastonbury I'm not really bothered about this year's sale as I have other things on my mind.. BUT HELL I'LL BE ON LINE... Good luck everyone 

Haha my friend is a little upset with the hierarchy of groups from A to D. I tried to explain that people are just grouped by how well they know each other, not by how much I like them or by their ability to get a ticket. I ended up changing the letters to colours :lol: Which is quite good, because I've "demoted" myself to her group now, based on some last minute additions/people bailing.

I'm hoping that as I made the spreadsheet and am the one person that everyone on the spreadsheet knows, that hopefully whoever gets through first will have my team as their "second" team. But this may be wishful thinking!