Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Well.. it’s been a while.

after much deliberation and cogitation myself and my motley crew have decided to bypass the sales and just go straight for VIP tickets . The thought of missing out again would probably tip me over the edge. I came close to tears last time around! 

It might sound like a massive kop out on my part, and you’d be right!  The mere thought of missing out again is making a bead of sweat form on my rather wrinkly forehead! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, andyb66 said:

Well.. it’s been a while.

after much deliberation and cogitation myself and my motley crew have decided to bypass the sales and just go straight for VIP tickets . The thought of missing out again would probably tip me over the edge. I came close to tears last time around! 

It might sound like a massive kop out on my part, and you’d be right!  The mere thought of missing out again is making a bead of sweat form on my rather wrinkly forehead! 

Hi D,

How VIP we talking here? Camp Kerala? :lol:

The level of campness ( oohhhh matron) is yet to be decided but we’re going for a package that includes entrance ticket so we don’t have to come face to face with Mr Abject Misery once more when we miss out in the sale ,resale and subsequent secret sales that may or may not occur.

6 hours ago, andyb66 said:

The level of campness ( oohhhh matron) is yet to be decided but we’re going for a package that includes entrance ticket so we don’t have to come face to face with Mr Abject Misery once more when we miss out in the sale ,resale and subsequent secret sales that may or may not occur.

What are these VIP options of which you speak?

Well. There are a few companies who have access to press passes and sell a limited number onto the general public. There are also a number of companies who sell camping/glamping packages which include entrance to Glasto itself. 

I will say one thing tho. Do your homework before purchasing a package/ticket via anyone other than Seetickets.. There are a lot of gobshites out there who are more than happy to help you part with a substantial amount of money. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried (and failed) to get arctic monkeys tickets this morning.

It was like T-Day/resale day and secret resale weeks all over again - not good and so that’s the failure out of the waythis year, we will succeed this year getting everyone on here back to the fields

1 hour ago, moheetoes said:

Just tried (and failed) to get arctic monkeys tickets this morning.

It was like T-Day/resale day and secret resale weeks all over again - not good and so that’s the failure out of the waythis year, we will succeed this year getting everyone on here back to the fields

Well if you want/need 4 tickets for A.M. in London Monday 10th Sep just let me know..

23 hours ago, andyb66 said:

Well if you want/need 4 tickets for A.M. in London Monday 10th Sep just let me know..

Cheers Andy that’s very kind of you to offer. I’ll get back to you if you still have the tickets as I’m ooop north and I would have to sort stuff first to enable me to get down to London and stop overnight. May not feasibly be possible and if you have other takers, please don’t wait for me.

47 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Cheers Andy that’s very kind of you to offer. I’ll get back to you if you still have the tickets as I’m ooop north and I would have to sort stuff first to enable me to get down to London and stop overnight. May not feasibly be possible and if you have other takers, please don’t wait for me.

No problem. 

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Lol , both as a package.

I put it to you that you are a senior Supermarket Manager and that you've seen the light, in terms of increasing both sales and profit. You've gone and pulled off your first successful BOGOF offer! I stand to attention. No, no, not that way - you Supermarket Managers are ever so frisky aren't you!?  lol :)

PS  - I really do hope that is perceived the way it was intended. If it wasn't then remember that I'm off ground and I've got my fingers crossed - so you can't get me, na, na, na, na, nah!

16 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Nice one , gave me a chuckle. , it’s always nice to see the old names from last years heartbreak, I trust your well 

Hello Big durbs,

I'm the same as ever - which is well enough, thanks. Hope that you are too. Well, your actually on Cloud 9, I'd say. Guaranteed entry, and a nice slip road you can use between main stages - very handy. One of my mates got two VIP tickets once. The bloke who gave them to him had no idea of how valuable they were. My mate went back to the same bloke he got the VIP tickets off the next year (as he had them) and was politely told to go forth and fornicate! 

Wishing you a good one in 2019.

All the best. :)

9 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Same here , one of my salesmen won vip at a auction last year , that’s camping in the corporate field, same befits though , he paid £500 , what a absolute bargain , tent up on Sunday , and was driven to the field with all his stuff , not bad for his first Glastonbury experience, he will be down with a bump this year IF he manages to get tickets at all , 

My mate got special camping too, but ignored it and came and pitched his tent with the rest of us (Hoi Polloi!). 

When I say he got tickets, I'd forgotten that he hadn't actually got the tickets before he arrived at the festival. The person who gave him the two places at the festival that year was a major contractor working for GFL, who told him to just get in and ask for him by name and he'd sort it. So, my mate got to the festival and told the stewards / security that he had two VIP places, but hadn't actually got the tickets on him. Of course, initially, they told him to bugger off if he hadn't any tickets. Anyway, my mate can charm the birds out of the trees. Somehow he managed to get them to allow him to get to corporate parking / camping. From there he rang the bloke he was to ring, who confirmed to security that he was to be fully let in to the corporate parking and camping areas, and that two VIP wristbands were on there way down to him. He duly got the wristbands, picked up his bags and walked through the VIP compound and came and camped with us. We have (for 20 years+) always camped in the same spot. He had only been one year before, but knew which spot it was where we were camped, so went there. If memory serves me right he (and his wife) had two wristbands each - one was the normal wristband, and the other was the VIP wristband. I can't recall if he ever used the VIP facilities that year.

5 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Respect to him , I did think of camping in the ga fields , I think it’s all part of the experience , that said ... hot showers ! Lol

I've only ever showered at one Glastonbury that I have attended (in 20+ years of going there). The reason for that was because Radio 1 had provided a large porta-cabin type multi cubicle shower unit close to where we always camp (I've never been to Glastonbury in a campervan). Not only was it near, but it was hardly used. You could walk in at any time of the day or night, and there wasn't so much as even a small queue. However, this was way back (as in no mobile phones, internet etc), and I don't think Radio1 had pre-advertised it's presence, and I also don't think that it was detailed on the formal GFL map. Consequently it was only the people in that general area who knew about it, and maybe some who had walked past them on their way in and on to other further away camping spots. 

I must admit that it was nice to be able to shower every day, without any hassle at all. However, I couldn't bring myself to queue at Glastonbury for a shower. Maybe people don't have to queue in the  VIP area - really don't know.

PS - I once did one Glastonbury from start to finish in the same clothes that I walked on to site with. I didn't even take them off at night (I think that it may be the case that I passed out every night/morning, if truth be known). In more recent years I have taken to changing my underpants, socks, and occasionally a t shirt, every now and again. I also give my tackle a going over with a few wet wipes during this process. Don't tell me I don't know how to live!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ok. so this is totally the wrong thread to be asking a technical internet related question but its somewhere to start and i'm sure someone out there will have a far broader knowledge of the internet than myself.

Right.I received an email from those nice people at Glastonbury telling me, and i assume everyone, to recheck their registration photos to make sure it still looks like you. I had a look at mine while i was at work and decided i was going to change mine. So once i got home i took a selfie , emailed it to myself,  fired up my laptop and then clicked the link to go to the 'edit registration' part of the Glasto/seetickets website.

Hhhmm.. 30 seconds later the page still hadn't loaded. I then got an error message

The connection has timed out

The server at glastonbury.seetickets.com is taking too long to respond

I tried again...and again and again..... reset my router... tried again.... nothing... same error message.

I tried on my ipad. Worked fine.. striaght through to the website but i dont want to have to rely on using my ipad on ticket day.

I'm not one to panic and there's still 3 or 4 weeks till d-day but anyone got any ideas wtf is going on with my laptop?

3 hours ago, andyb66 said:

ok. so this is totally the wrong thread to be asking a technical internet related question but its somewhere to start and i'm sure someone out there will have a far broader knowledge of the internet than myself.

Right.I received an email from those nice people at Glastonbury telling me, and i assume everyone, to recheck their registration photos to make sure it still looks like you. I had a look at mine while i was at work and decided i was going to change mine. So once i got home i took a selfie , emailed it to myself,  fired up my laptop and then clicked the link to go to the 'edit registration' part of the Glasto/seetickets website.

Hhhmm.. 30 seconds later the page still hadn't loaded. I then got an error message

The connection has timed out

The server at glastonbury.seetickets.com is taking too long to respond

I tried again...and again and again..... reset my router... tried again.... nothing... same error message.

I tried on my ipad. Worked fine.. striaght through to the website but i dont want to have to rely on using my ipad on ticket day.

I'm not one to panic and there's still 3 or 4 weeks till d-day but anyone got any ideas wtf is going on with my laptop?

Did you ever edit the hosts file re the Seetickets website?

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

i stand corrected.. i've just located my host file in the depths of my C drive and in there is a line that says

194.168.202.201 glastonbury.seetickets.com

do i remove it? edit it?

help!!

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

sorted!!  i did a google search of what is meant to be in the hosts file and just copied it in and we're back in business. I've been going round in circles for days.

many thanks!!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Seeing the secret resales thread the same day as an announcement about the ticket sale announcement gives me a horrible sense of foreboding :unsure:

ticket sale announcement today#??!!