Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Afternoon folks, very late logging in here today as I'm currently busy travelling with work. Sounds like there's been a few more possibles today which is great! @Kinkyinuit what's the score buddy? What does the tracker say? Is it out for delivery?

How about yourself MJ? Thought today you might be seeing a little white smoke yourself?

So just caught up on the last few pages and I'd just like to get serious for a short moment.:) I saw the poo crew post and read the following replies saying that it would be a step too far for people. I'd just like to say that it's a way into the festival! If it's too much for you then fair enough but it's great you're all thinking about what it entails. Somebody has to do this (literally) shit job and next time you're at the festival bear this in mind and try to leave the long drops in at least the same if not better state than you find them.

Makes a shit job slightly better for the people that do have to do it so they may enjoy their festival too!

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Afternoon folks, very late logging in here today as I'm currently busy travelling with work. Sounds like there's been a few more possibles today which is great! @Kinkyinuit what's the score buddy? What does the tracker say? Is it out for delivery?

Spent most of the day waiting for the postman, unfortunately that didn't happen. The parcel tracker isn't giving me much as it's a recorded delivery. It may arrive tomorrow so if it all checks out I'll make my way down! 

If not, well.. let's not think about that.

How gas your day gone mj?

Yeah, sadly I've been held up at work for an extra day so now can't phone the guy until tomorrow when I get back to the UK.

I'll report back on here as soon as I have news though. I don't use whatsapp TDW but if you send me a link to the group I'll try and download it when I get home just in case.

This thread is titled 'Secret Resales'. That was the whole point. However it now seems to have been high-jacked by people advocating getting in illegally. Hardly the spirit of Glastonbury. We all know the sad reasons for the additional security - please do not ruin it for others unnecessarily by trying to illegally gain entry.

Please respect the reasons for the additional security and don't break the rules by trying to get in illegally. No different to the fence jumpers of years ago. Just accept that you did not get a ticket this year but that someone who has never been before did.

Mods - time to end this thread.

Edited by Sea Glass
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 26

1 hour ago, BigChief said:

If @allgravy is going to meet up, will you report back if its legit and you get an EPO band or whatever?

I have not heard back from my contact since this morning, so maybe after all my questioning it was not legit? Either way if I do hear back I will let @allgravy know. 

Long time lurker (been keeping an eye on this thread since the April 23rd resale) but figured may as well introduce myself now! 

Gutted to not be going as all most everyone else in our group got tickets just when it came to the official resale there were 5 of us wanting tickets and it would have been horrible if 4 of us were successful and 1 wasn't so split up n I was part of the unlucky 2! Real shame as been to the last few n reckon this could be the last year we go as a big group. 

Just wanted to say this thread has provided a lot of laughs and really hope those of you waiting on tickets pull through. Must admit I'm half tempted to try one of this alternative motives however the potential waste of money and a wasted journey mean I'm kinda giving up. 

Just want to wish the rest of you good luck n hopefully we will all be there in 2019! 

So after a bit of twitter jostling I have a fresh lead. A guy may have 2 hospitality tickets going spare and is charging face value for them (about 500) - crucially, he would be adding me to the list of names held by Glasto so any ID issues should be mitigated. There is always risk involved, but this one seems as legit as possible without being official.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

So after a bit of twitter jostling I have a fresh lead. A guy may have 2 hospitality tickets going spare and is charging face value for them (about 500) - crucially, he would be adding me to the list of names held by Glasto so any ID issues should be mitigated. There is always risk involved, but this one seems as legit as possible without being official.

That sounds like you might drop lucky @maelzoid. Thou shalt cider in the fields yet!

Excellent news

11 minutes ago, Sea Glass said:

This thread is titled 'Secret Resales'. That was the whole point. However it now seems to have been high-jacked by people advocating getting in illegally. Hardly the spirit of Glastonbury. We all know the sad reasons for the additional security - please do not ruin it for others unnecessarily by trying to illegally gain entry.

Please respect the reasons for the additional security and don't break the rules by trying to get in illegally. No different to the fence jumpers of years ago. Just accept that you did not get a ticket this year but that someone who has never been before did.

I thought the reasons for additional security was to prevent any attacks on the festival?

By the way the thead hasn't been hijacked (correct spelling) by anyone. It's mostly the same group of people that have been here for almost 2 months.

Edited by MilkyJoe
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Sea Glass said:

Piss off Sea Glass.

Thats not in the spirit of the thread put there you go

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Sea Glass said:

Should the mods end any threads where people mention illegal activity? Like drug taking, underage drinking, bringing in flares etc?

18 minutes ago, Sea Glass said:

I think you're well within your rights to disapprove and voice that disapproval, but calling for this thread to be ended is overstepping the mark.

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Should the mods end any threads where people mention illegal activity? Like drug taking, underage drinking, bringing in flares etc?

Oi!!  I still wear flares..

or is that not what you meant?

bollox...

I'll get my coat..

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Sea Glass said:

Mate, most people here won't be going illegally, because most of the options thrown up aren't legit. As for questioning the ethics of the couple of hundred bunking in each year, head up the Circle at 1am on Thursday morning and see where your litigiousness gets you. Basically, chill the fuck out. 

I'm going to Spain. 

As someone who was lucky enough to get a ticket in last years secret resale I have watched this year with interest. It has been disappointing to see there was no resale to reward your efforts but I admire your tenacity and the leave no stone unturned attitude. I hope that those still looking make it down to the farm. Glass breaks but the resolve of you lot in here this year will not, good luck!

Tanz

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, verrymerry said:

What's happening Royal Mail!?! 

Well the Tory government sold them off for a pittance mostly to their mates and now they have shareholders that demand dividends which means no tools for us mechanics. No overtime, ageing vehicles that they won't spend money on to repair. Cost cutting excercises all over the place. I can only imagine what's going on with the postal side of the business. Next on the S-hit list..... the NHS.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Has anyone here ever just gone down to the festival area and tried their luck? I'm not sure how - lurking around the festival or the pubs of Shepton Mallett. I'm only an hour or so away and have a friend who lives about 10 miles from the fest, so it wouldn't be a nightmare for me to just try... Thing is, I really have no idea what I'd do when I got there.

That was my plan until I bought a ticket last night.

Booked a camping pitch near the town and was just going to hang around... my mate was gonna come as well so if worst came to worst... I'd have got a few nights getting heavily drunk away from the wife'n'sprogs.

Might still be doing it if I can't get in on this ticket...  If so, come over and we'll have a beer outside one of the pubs

8 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

You'll need a ticket if it's not an EPO

So if it's an EPO wristband, then they only check that and in you go? Even if you are going in with bags etc on the Wednesday? I have worked before with an EPO band and thats all they checked