Secret resales 2015

Terence99

11 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

for reals?

From whence does this information come?

It does seem a little late for a comp, but BBC were only running them last week so not impossible and right now I'm clutching at every straw dangled my way.

Here's the twitter announcement. It's only been retweeted 8 times.

IMG_3600.PNG

For what its worth, this is what I have found so far in terms of tickets/ways to get in still available- believe me I have been obsessed with this and scraped every site going. Starting from the highest:

Hospitality/VIP ticket - £1650 + vat - company called Flag in the Sand

Hospitality/VIP - £1200 ea
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/tix/6177699102.html - been in touch with him, he said he will meet at the festival and walk in together so sounds legit

Residents ticket - £800 (Facebook)

Crew ticket - £600 (Facebook)
EPO pass - £600 (Facebook) available from Friday 2pm

Other photo tickets - a few floating around ranging from £160-£300

Walk-ins - ranging from 80-250 depending on how easy you want it!

Happy to share details of my findings for those interested.  Please note, whilst I have done checks for known scams against these, you still need to do a thorough check before hand.  My rule of thumb is if they are unwilling to meet to do a cash/ticket swap or walk in with you then there's a high likelihood its not for real.

Hope thats useful - Tim.

20 minutes ago, JatTay said:

By the way, I'm not sure if it was picked up here yesterday as I was busy and couldn't read the thread but there is another EE Glasto twitter competition coming up.  I checked Twitter this morning and its not been run yet.

15 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

for reals?

From whence does this information come?

It does seem a little late for a comp, but BBC were only running them last week so not impossible and right now I'm clutching at every straw dangled my way.

Can't see any sign of this on twitter or Facebook. Are you sure?

I have an offer of someone else's ticket.  He's a black dude and I'm Asian so not a million miles off but probably would get picked up at first glance all the same.  My issue is more that I wouldn't arrive til Friday so thinking less queues means more chance of scrutiny.  Have asked if I could borrow some ID too.

Only missed a few since '97, this would be my first involuntary miss ever, and the initial plan (in 40's now and job is getting a bit grown-up) is this would be my last. 

Thoughts on risking it?  The irony is I know a girl got in my ticket some years back (I got a freebie) and I was at the gate when a female friend walked in with my wife's ticket, but I'm concerned that with extra security this year, that they'll be much less inclined to give people the facial benefit of the doubt.

I've had two thoughts on tickets this year that would be fun and in the spirit of the festival.

1. They should try not announcing the sale date in October until after it has started (like an hour or so). Legit, harmless way to give the hardcore a head start. It would likely leak anyway but how cool would it be for the Eavii from a business stand point to be able to say they sold out without an act OR announcing when the tickets were on sale.

2. Hold back a couple of hundred tickets and put them on sale at a random local location the week before the festival. Somewhere like an HMV or a Millets or a charity shop or something (finer logistics for safety and ensuring they go TBC). Something like that.

Just some musings from a reflective Beaver who has had no fewer than 8 opportunities for tickets and failed. Absolutely gutted of course but trying to be sensible about it (failing but trying). Its gonna be another 2010 job this year pack your suncream folks!

8 minutes ago, Janaka said:

I have an offer of someone else's ticket.  He's a black dude and I'm Asian so not a million miles off but probably would get picked up at first glance all the same.  My issue is more that I wouldn't arrive til Friday so thinking less queues means more chance of scrutiny.  Have asked if I could borrow some ID too.

Only missed a few since '97, this would be my first involuntary miss ever, and the initial plan (in 40's now and job is getting a bit grown-up) is this would be my last. 

Thoughts on risking it?  The irony is I know a girl got in my ticket some years back (I got a freebie) and I was at the gate when a female friend walked in with my wife's ticket, but I'm concerned that with extra security this year, that they'll be much less inclined to give people the facial benefit of the doubt.

If you're arriving Friday I reckon could be worth it. Yes more chance of being stopped and checked but probably also more chance of sweet talking them to just give you the wristband and let you disappear.

13 minutes ago, Hugs said:

For what its worth, this is what I have found so far in terms of tickets/ways to get in still available- believe me I have been obsessed with this and scraped every site going. Starting from the highest:

Hospitality/VIP ticket - £1650 + vat - company called Flag in the Sand

Hospitality/VIP - £1200 ea
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/tix/6177699102.html - been in touch with him, he said he will meet at the festival and walk in together so sounds legit

Residents ticket - £800 (Facebook)

Crew ticket - £600 (Facebook)
EPO pass - £600 (Facebook) available from Friday 2pm

Other photo tickets - a few floating around ranging from £160-£300

Walk-ins - ranging from 80-250 depending on how easy you want it!

Happy to share details of my findings for those interested.  Please note, whilst I have done checks for known scams against these, you still need to do a thorough check before hand.  My rule of thumb is if they are unwilling to meet to do a cash/ticket swap or walk in with you then there's a high likelihood its not for real.

Hope thats useful - Tim.

I'd take some info on a few of these options, the cheaper ones :lol:

12 minutes ago, Janaka said:

Possibly a slim chance I think.

But more chance than you'll get sat on your sofa watching the coverage on BBC2.

What you got to lose?

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

@Kinkyinuit what time does the postie usually call?

I'm all packed and just counting down the hours in work, so this will be my main excitement today!

Anytime from now really. The stress is intense. I spent last night flip flopping between thinking it isn't going to happen to believing it will all be ok.

Tense scenes in the kinkyinuit house!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

Possibly a slim chance I think.

But more chance than you'll get sat on your sofa watching the coverage on BBC2.

What you got to lose?

Good point.  The money (ticket/parking), and the pain of driving home.  Waiting to see what photo looks like and whether I can borrow some ID.

6 minutes ago, BigChief said:

I am actual nervous for @Kinkyinuit :lol:

6 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Good luck kinky, 

Thanks guys, I don't think I've ever been so anxious for the postman to turn up. 

I'm more worried that every minute waiting, is one less minute of Glasto prep.

On the other hand, it's one extra minute of possibly going to Glasto, so there's that.

4 minutes ago, 1waveydavey said:

Sorry, I haven't read this thread for a while, what's the story with @Kinkyinuit? Im crossing my fingers regardless!

Basically bought a ticket online off a guy saying it was a trader ticket. There were things that were suspicious but generally checked out. Took a gamble and put up some of the money. Ticket got sent yesterday. Got a tracker code to say that it exists however have no idea what is on its way to me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigChief said:

Nope, I've seen the state some people leave toilets in at Glastonbury :o I do wonder how its even possible sometimes, like what are their toilets like at home or do people intentionally shit all over the place?!

I'll clean one loo then do a runner.

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Thanks guys, I don't think I've ever been so anxious for the postman to turn up. 

I'm more worried that every minute waiting, is one less minute of Glasto prep.

On the other hand, it's one extra minute of possibly going to Glasto, so there's that.

Basically bought a ticket online off a guy saying it was a trader ticket. There were things that were suspicious but generally checked out. Took a gamble and put up some of the money. Ticket got sent yesterday. Got a tracker code to say that it exists however have no idea what is on its way to me.

I see, thanks for the reply, my fingers are firmly crossed for you and I'll look forward to the positive update just as soon as the ticket hits!