Secret resales 2015

Terence99

31 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

That's 16 hours not working - no sleep til Monday :)

That's the spirit! 

I have to say that the DC chaperoning job sounds great, you seemingly get to bimble around the site (my favourite thing to do), ok albeit making sure people don't get run over, but it still sounds good! 

38 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

That's 16 hours not working - no sleep til Monday :)

This is the perfect way to look at it. My shifts are 6.5 hours per day so 17.5 hours free per day/night. I'm might allocate a couple of hours to sleep. :) 

1 hour ago, lobo said:

Also i think i have a phantom down voter. I'd rather you talk to me if ive bothered you than down vote over things like me thanking someone for sharing some info i requested. Show yourself coward!

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

@Bb-dog is the phantom.

And it would appear @Bb-dog is my phantom too. Oddball!! :D

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, lobo said:

Hahaha, oh dear 

I thought we'd banned down votes in this thread.

Keep 'em for the "Dont Vote Tory" thread.

We've got enough to be miserable about in here

EDIT: Good idea Helen - have upvotes from me also. Aaarggh - run out already. @StoneCircle - owe you an upvote

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig

Just now, Ted Dansons Wig said:

I thought we'd banned down votes in this thread.

Keep 'em for the "Dont Vote Tory" thread.

We've got enough to be miserable about in here

That is actually worth doing. Things are tense as it is. 

I'll admit ive done it a couple of times in this thread, one was Bb-dog the other was a troll that got banned. I'll take your advice and avoid it from now on. Didnt a troll pop up here again this week trying to derail the thread?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lobo said:

That is actually worth doing. Things are tense as it is. 

I'll admit ive done it a couple of times in this thread, one was Bb-dog the other was a troll that got banned. I'll take your advice and avoid it from now on. Didnt a troll pop up here again this week trying to derail the thread?

Probably was just scott44 again under a different username! MO appeared to be the same anyway!:D

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Probably was just scott44 again under a different username! MO appeared to be the same anyway!:D

No idea what drives people to do that. Weird! 

Reckon we'll get any more competitions?

That was strange, just called SEE to ask about and returned tickets and they said a resale happened about a month ago. Surely thats not right as one of the page checkers would have know this and documented the change? I called the landline number on the glastonbury contact page and got through in 5 mins if anyone is interested in finding out more.

Now that the car park tickets are only pay at the gate i am guessing that if (when) a resale happens tickets would need to be collected when you arrive at the festival - has anyone had to do this in the past due to buying from a late resale ?

3 minutes ago, lobo said:

That was strange, just called SEE to ask about and returned tickets and they said a resale happened about a month ago. Surely thats not right as one of the page checkers would have know this and documented the change? I called the landline number on the glastonbury contact page and got through in 5 mins if anyone is interested in finding out more.

Maybe the are referring to the April resale? We would definitely know if a secret sale had occurred through all the various page checkers and of course people gloating on social media! 

3 minutes ago, lobo said:

Nah, some of us have been here pretty much 24 hours a day since the refunds deadline passed so somebody would have known. Besides it would have been all over twitter too.

there was something on here a while back about some tickets being released to locals so that could have had something to do with it. There certainly hasn't been a general sale though.

Just now, LOZF20 said:

Maybe the are referring to the April resale? We would definitely know if a secret sale had occurred through all the various page checkers and of course people gloating on social media! 

That must be it. He did say about a month ago. Would have been utterly amazed if one had slipped by us.

6 minutes ago, lobo said:

Yeah i dont know what i was expecting.

They must hate us this year though, weve really gone all out with the badgering. 

Yeah. Imagine if at SEE they're just about to push the button on the resale and then one of the call centre yells out "It's one of them efesters again, hassling about secret sales!" The boss says, "Fuck 'em, then! They can wait another couple of days..."

17 minutes ago, nidon said:

Now that the car park tickets are only pay at the gate i am guessing that if (when) a resale happens tickets would need to be collected when you arrive at the festival - has anyone had to do this in the past due to buying from a late resale ?

Wife and kids got theirs in 2008 (The Jay Z year) when they didn't sell out until the last minute. They turned up Friday afternoon after buying them on line at the last minute (week of the festival). They had to go to a hut at Gate A to pick the ticket up. Big queue - took a couple of hours and was pain in arse. But it defo can be done.

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Yeah. Imagine if at SEE they're just about to push the button on the resale and then one of the call centre yells out "It's one of them efesters again, hassling about secret sales!" The boss says, "Fuck 'em, then! They can wait another couple of days..."

Its @lobo they hate. Maybe @Bb-dog works for See

• Upvote 1