Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

I could probably get hold of a red Land Rover but don't think I could grow a beard in time!:(

Draw one on with an eyebrow pencil. ;)

10 hours ago, amyharvz said:

Yeah I am sooo tempted. It's £100 to be paid when we get there which makes it even more tempting... But I'm really scared of what the consequences of being caught would be...

I should imagine there's an awful lot of folk  taking people in on the sly over the course of the festival and at the same time making a lot of money.Lots of people I know have got in this way over the years. £100 is cheap some friends paid £200 on the Friday morning last year and the guy had been doing it since Wednesday morning 4 at a time. A year or so ago there was quite a big deal made of someone in the local pawho got caught with a minibus full of people doing the same thing. I know of folk who have been removed from site due to not having wristbands or tickets too.

Edited by Yeo-vile idiot

If I lost 3 stone , dyed my hair ginger and took a shitload of anti ageing pills I could blag my way  in as Mr Sheeran.

Good morning one and all.

Beautiful day in London Town. But my weather app says it's going to start raining just as I fire up the BBQ at about 3pm and rain for 24 hrs. It must be a bank holiday or something!!

Having stayed in CV east before they are really thorough on re-entry, as has been said you need your ticket and a pass out that you only get given when you go out of the gate, which is designed to prevent exactly the situation where people go in and then chuck their wristband and ticket over the fence. A mate lost his pass out and he had to go up to the portacabin on the hill where he was interrogated, they checked where he lived, his email, who he booked with, he was gone two hours in total. I've also get a feeling they check you have your ticket when you leave as well? I have a memory of frantically trying to find my ticket one evening so I could pass out of the gate, let alone get in.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

I've only been to Glasto the once and stayed in Love Fields but distinctly remember having to get a pass out ticket that I had to give back every time I went back onto the site and they also checked my ticket picture every time quite thoroughly. 

But desperate times sometimes needs desperate measures.

8 hours ago, musky said:

They do implement random checks. I think it was in 2015 I was asked to show my wrist band on the path up to the railway line, just approaching the Glade. Just two security guys do the checking, but another 4 were milling about spread out a little way off. They converged on some guy and had him penned in up against the fence. No idea why as he hadn't reached the security doing the checking - may be he'd done a sudden U  turn or something.

I also got asked to show my wrist band in a bar once. So that's twice in the last 10 years. Good odds that you won't encounter anything similar, but worth bearing in mind.

I was asked to show my wristband while walking on the pennards path back in 2013. 

13 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Having stayed in CV east before they are really thorough on re-entry, as has been said you need your ticket and a pass out that you only get given when you go out of the gate, which is designed to prevent exactly the situation where people go in and then chuck their wristband and ticket over the fence. A mate lost his pass out and he had to go up to the portacabin on the hill where he was interrogated, they checked where he lived, his email, who he booked with, he was gone two hours in total. I've also get a feeling they check you have your ticket when you leave as well? I have a memory of frantically trying to find my ticket one evening so I could pass out of the gate, let alone get in.

Yep, have been back to the car a couple of times and they scan your ticket stub on exit and give you a pass out slip. Then when you come back in they take the pass out slip and rescan your ticket stub. Can't honestly see how crew bring in folk to be honest although I know it happens. 

11 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Yep, have been back to the car a couple of times and they scan your ticket stub on exit and give you a pass out slip. Then when you come back in they take the pass out slip and rescan your ticket stub. Can't honestly see how crew bring in folk to be honest although I know it happens. 

I guess the best way would be hidden in the back of a vehicle, I've heard about people being smuggled in the back of food vendors vans etc. That way you'd have to be on site Sunday/Monday though? Any vehicle that comes in and out of the site would probably be the best bet, hidden in the back under a blanket or something. 

1 hour ago, Sussie said:

Could you pass for Michael Eavis? B)

I'm sure there's a story knocking around here about him being stopped at the gate by a clueless security guard, and people were yelling "It's Michael Eavis, it's his festival!!"

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

I'm sure there's a story knocking around here about him being stopped at the gate by a clueless security guard, and people were yelling "It's Michael Eavis, it's his festival!!"

I love the section in the Julian Temple film when he's talking to a punter who, when asked what he thinks of the festival, tells Michael jokingly that it's good but a bit overrated. Cue Micheal "He's probably right." Classic British self deprecation.

On another note, long time watcher of this forum as it assisted in me getting last minute tickets for a couple of mates last year. The enthusiasm and love for the festival displayed than as now is pretty inspiring and shows why it's not just another music festival. Keep the faith people and best of luck to you all.

Edited by ripcurl85

11 minutes ago, ripcurl85 said:

I love the section in the Julian Temple film when he's talking to a punter who, when asked what he thinks of the festival, tells Michael jokingly that it's good but a bit overrated. Cue Micheal "He's propbably right." Classic British self deprecation.

:lol:

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

I believe this used to be done using an EPO wristband which is issued without a paper ticket and until last year year didn't even have a photo associated with it. Now they take a webcam photo of you when they clamp it to your wrist, but I have seen them being issued without the band being put on you and no photo taken.

So this is probably the method they use. Ahem.

5 minutes ago, liamium said:

sure this has been discussed to death but what do we think would be the reason for not selling the few thousand returns I assume there would've been after May 5th? sizeable chunk of cash for the fest, that. 

Couldn't get a refund after 5th May so the festival would still have the money.

10 minutes ago, liamium said:

sure this has been discussed to death but what do we think would be the reason for not selling the few thousand returns I assume there would've been after May 5th? sizeable chunk of cash for the fest, that. 

And it was reportedly said that cancelled tickets were going to be absorbed into performer / crew tickets 

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

The other year after Metallica I got chatting to,a girl from Taunton .  Her and her boyfriend admitted they had no wrist bands and had come in on crew passes for the day , but were under strict instruction to only stay one day and had to go back off site Sunday morning so can come in.  

Glasto employ loads of local companies with temporary employees regarding water , electrical , joinery and catering services etc and the staff are bussed in so to speak .  They knew someone and for a fee they got in for the day

Edited by ivan

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I know one year my brother went it  in behind a false wall in a truck and also over the super fence so it is possible if you are prepared to  try different avenues ... * don't forget this might put the festivals licence in jeopardy 

Far too old these days for trying to scale fences. Besides the festival is 6 hours away from me. I'll have eaten my Twixes before I got to Bristol:)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, liamium said:

A few thousand returns after refund deadline? I'd be surprised if it amounted to more than a hundred.