Secret resales 2015

Terence99

7 minutes ago, Lees23 said:

Hi folks, 

For what it's worth EE have a competition on. 

the answer is on this page:

http://www.silicon.co.uk/networks/broadband/glastonbury-4g-ee-213089

and here:

http://www.silicon.co.uk/networks/voip/glastonbury-2016-ee-4g-brexit-194572

Edited by paulshane
extra link
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, GuildfordGlastoGirl said:

I *have* cried. Repeatedly. We've entered every competition we can, to no avail. I've explored all other options (except the "pay £20k pp" ones!) and I'm now at a loss. Doubtless many will think us rather sad, but I can't imagine not being there. It would make up for so much other sh!t. I can't keep this up much longer :(

someone posted that there were some available with accomodation for £1,600-something, earlier if you were that desperate. but had to be for 2 people I think.

Edited by frizzydizzymizzy
added
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

I don't think it was meant as a gloat..we're all waiting for news from SEE...it's all relevant!

......and what I posted was meant to lighten the mood not attract further tension. 

4 minutes ago, frizzydizzymizzy said:

someone posted that there were some available with accomodation for £1,600-something, earlier if you were that desperate. but had to be for 2 people I think.

Tried that...(we need tickets for 2; the kids are free and can sleep in boxes (!)) Flyglastonbury said it was only a caravan with one ticket, and had already gone. But thank you anyway!

16 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Hmm, the article the guy himself links to on EE's own site says they anticipate 40TB this year which will be a 33% increase, 33% less than 40 is 26.8 

1 minute ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Hmm, the article the guy himself links to on EE's own site says they anticipate 40TB this year which will be a 33% increase, 33% less than 40 is 26.8 

I figured they were saying 'a third' and therefore made it 30Tb last year.

3 minutes ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

I'm staying on here irrespective. Nothing has changed.

In fact....I may stay on here forever as its more fun than working.  Still dreaming of a meet up with you all on Wednesday in one of the bars where we laugh about how we could ever have doubted we'd get tickets.

Ditto! I sincerely hope this happens! 

2 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

I went in at 26.6666666666667 to cover the bases. 

• Upvote 1

Just had a thought, I have a few friends who live close by the site and apparently due to the chaos of last year the festival had to make private assurances they would lower the number of people this year.

Maybe that's why the final returned tickets aren't being sold. 

1 minute ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

It could just be the obvious 25Tb but I went with 26.8 anyway 

Didn't it say 33% more than last year equates to 40Tb this year? Rather than 33% less last year? Damn, I've never tried to do maths voluntarily before!

1 minute ago, Sussie said:

Didn't it say 33% more than last year equates to 40Tb this year? Rather than 33% less last year? Damn, I've never tried to do maths voluntarily before!

Ah bollocks yeh, lol, I shouldn't  sit in the sun and drink cider 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

1 minute ago, Redwinevino said:

Just had a thought, I have a few friends who live close by the site and apparently due to the chaos of last year the festival had to make private assurances they would lower the number of people this year.

You'd assume if that was the case they would've just sold less in the main sale, but that wouldn't stop people asking for refunds however many tickets were originally sold so it shouldn't make a difference.

Just now, Michaels denim shorts said:

Ah bollocks yeh, lol, I should sit in the sun and drink cider 

That is a brilliant idea. I should go and pack for my trip to Kernow, given that I no longer have a debit card to pay with anyway (thieving cloners). But every now and then a little morsel of hope is dangled in here and I don't want to miss it...

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

You'd assume if that was the case they would've just sold less in the main sale, but that wouldn't stop people asking for refunds however many tickets were originally sold so it shouldn't make a difference.

True, but they would know from previous years the rough amount of tickets that end up being returned in the final window

2 minutes ago, Redwinevino said:

NOW you tell us.

But - they didnt know how many returnees they'd get so trying to control the numbers in that way doesnt seem smart.

If there isnt a sale - its possibly because numbers returned were lower than normal. This could be for loads of reasons. Maybe the festival is going to full of Radiohead fans this year lord preserve us.

More likely - the fact there wont be another one for 2 years means people are sticking with it no matter what. selfish bastards.