Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, lobo said:

Ive seen Arcade Fire at CIA cardiff, headline glastonbury and play roundhouse in london. Roundhouse blew the other two away. Nothing is as good as seeing a band at there peak in a small venue.

Similar to Radiohead at the Roundhouse last year. That was wonderful

Just now, bennyk said:

I'm so damn jealous... until I get Glasto tickets ;)

My best intimate gig was Ezra Furman a few years back, played this secret acoustic gig to about 20 people. Never been more in love

• Upvote 1

Same- saw Arctic Monkeys at a tiny venue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. They were incredible and the fans were all proper fans as they were mostly American and the band hadn't made it big over there at the time. Saw them on the Pyramid a few years later and it was nowhere near as good. 

9 minutes ago, bennyk said:

Very jealous!

1 minute ago, Brownie30 said:

I suppose seeing Prince at the KOKO wasn't so bad........... ;)

Jealous doesnt even come close to describing how i felt towards people who attended this. Jesus, you hit the jackpot going to that.

8 minutes ago, Ben_Monk said:

I'm so damn jealous... until I get Glasto tickets ;)

My best intimate gig was Ezra Furman a few years back, played this secret acoustic gig to about 20 people. Never been more in love

My brother booked Ezra last year for a small venue of maybe 100 people.  He had to walk through the crowd to get on and off the stage - slightly awkwad :)

Just now, lobo said:

Very jealous!

Jealous doesnt even come close to describing how i felt towards people who attended this. Jesus, you hit the jackpot going to that.

It remains the best show I have ever seen by an absolute mile, and I would hasten to guess that it will remain so for the rest of my life. Queued outside for upward of 8 hours, but would have done so for 10 times longer. Indescribable. 

2 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

My brother booked Ezra last year for a small venue of maybe 100 people.  He had to walk through the crowd to get on and off the stage - slightly awkwad :)

Oh I remember that advertised! Had tickets in my basket but couldn't make the dates, if he can convince him to play again... <3

Blossoms - seriously under-rated, seen them a few times. 

I do like the small venue vibe especially when a band that normally plays arenas do them. 

Bastille, MO, Ed Sherran, Kasabian, Kodaline, Rag & Bone man - seen them all in < 2000 seat venues in the last 6 months.

Hopefully events at the MEN won't shut some of them down with prohibitive security costs.

22 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

From my experience most acts in an intimate venue are far better than in a big arena.  

Maybe a better atmosphere as it's harder to get tickets and the audience really want to be there...? What's that,resale you say? ;)

9 minutes ago, Ben_Monk said:

Oh I remember that advertised! Had tickets in my basket but couldn't make the dates, if he can convince him to play again... <3

I love Ezra. I wish he would play Glasto again but I think he has dates elsewhere. :sorry:

7 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

George Ezra? He is playing

Ezra Furman. Although talking of George Ezra, he's doing some tiny venue warm up dates leading up to Glastonbury.

Edited by lobo