Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I really don't see the logic regarding postponing any ticket sales unless they are for m.e.n specifically but I guess the fear that will inevitably arise out of something like last night could have a negative affect on ticket sales or even lead to performers pulling out of gigs. My thinking is that any possible ticket resale is solely down to the fact Sees admin seems in a bit of disarray this year.

Pure speculation on my part of course, just my own views...

That's what confused me as the gig isn't at the MEN. Wasn't sure if it was a performer or ticketing issue. Who knows - time will tell. 

5 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

I've already got my ticket, so it's how badly I want my friend to be there with me!

That's great you've got a ticket and credit to you for sticking with it so long over the last 2 and a bit weeks. My own views were that I would give it until the end of this week and then take stock but to be honest I would hate to give up and then find out a sale happens so I can see me staying strong at least until next week.

Far too much time and effort invested in this to call it a day at this stage.:)

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I don't see it being postponed because of the events. It's not a big deal to anyone outside this thread. It's just selling off a few hundred spare tickets.

You got a very good point there, sometimes I forget how small the group of active resale hunters actually is.

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

That's great you've got a ticket and credit to you for sticking with it so long over the last 2 and a bit weeks. My own views were that I would give it until the end of this week and then take stock but to be honest I would hate to give up and then find out a sale happens so I can see me staying strong at least until next week.

Far too much time and effort invested in this to call it a day at this stage.:)

To be fair, I work from a computer so having the page monitor on is hardly distracting me. I'm not one of those that is sitting constantly refreshing pages in the hope that they come on for sale. If I'm at my PC when the alert goes off or I get the checkpage text then I will try my best to get the ticket. To be honest, I think he is more likely to give up for me as he lives in the middle east, so has to book flights etc. 

3 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

He's a good lad, and I just so happened to meet him at Glastonbury. Maybe that's a sign that I should wait as long as possible before giving up!

Well in that case as above, whenever you personally feel like there is no chance of a resale then it will be time to call it a day. Hopefully you'll be around for a little while longer though!:)

6 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

He's a good lad, and I just so happened to meet him at Glastonbury. Maybe that's a sign that I should wait as long as possible before giving up!

Yep, I'm on here trying for a friend too - plus, I like you guys.

2 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

To be fair, I work from a computer so having the page monitor on is hardly distracting me. I'm not one of those that is sitting constantly refreshing pages in the hope that they come on for sale. If I'm at my PC when the alert goes off or I get the checkpage text then I will try my best to get the ticket. To be honest, I think he is more likely to give up for me as he lives in the middle east, so has to book flights etc. 

Dedicated! I work in the Middle East and I won't be arriving back in the uk until the 21st of June. It will be the first year I've missed the gates opening as I won't be able to get there until the Thursday.

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Dedicated! I work in the Middle East and I won't be arriving back in the uk until the 21st of June. It will be the first year I've missed the gates opening as I won't be able to get there until the Thursday.

Fair play for coming from that far! My friend is in the same boat, he will only get there the Thursday too. Really hope I'm lucky enough to get a ticket for him.

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So we had some 9am pings that I guess panicked you all.

As for postponing anything, life has to go on otherwise the bastards win.

Let's do this thing.

Love and Peace.

Yeah what was the 9am ping about, couldnt work it out form my mobile

8 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Yep, I'm on here trying for a friend too - plus, I like you guys.

Same here. I actually run a ticket syndicate and we managed to get tickets for 145 people across the Oct & April sales, but two of my friends didn't get through and I've got massive regret about not having been able to sort them out.

I don't think the events of last night will result in a cancelled scheduled sale tbh,  I would have thought the process would have been arranged well in advance and some of the people working today won't have known until this morning 

I also think it's about time See put some kind of notice up stating if there is no-resale regardless of previous years . People are wasting precious time if it's not going to happen , time that no one can afford to waste .

If they were to offer tickets for sale after an announcement then they are behaving in a very detrimental manner 

Edited by babyblade41

1 minute ago, lobo said:

No idea why i did this but decided to buy coach tickets to the festival just then. Either ive put the biggest possible jinx on myself or its a sign that its happening today. 

I am loving the optimism, good luck to you!

3 minutes ago, sarahleighcoops said:

am i just on my own that i dont think Glastonbury will allow the release of any remaining tickets today given last nights events? not that i wont keep an eye open but i would have thought unlikely?

I'm still monitoring, but fully agree with you.  The scum / fail would be all over this as a PR nightmare if Glastonbury sells tickets today

10 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So we had some 9am pings that I guess panicked you all.

As for postponing anything, life has to go on otherwise the bastards win.

Let's do this thing.

Love and Peace.

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Minor background changes to the 100001 page

Yeah, got the usual pings at 3:15, it's usually just 2 or 4 that come through but I think this morning there was 8. 4 for the tipis and 4 for the event page. Seemed like the usual background changes that happen every morning. Then the 2 at 9am and nothing since.

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I'm still monitoring, but fully agree with you.  The scum / fail would be all over this as a PR nightmare if Glastonbury sells tickets today

The have much bigger things to be concerned with I think - and if the 'best' a paper can do is moan at people carrying on and not letting terrorism stop 'our way of life' then that paper is not worthy of mention.