Secret resales 2015

Terence99

56 minutes ago, scott44 said:

Unlikely as I get a press pass each year.

of course you do?? 

On 4/21/2017 at 10:00 PM, scott44 said:

Failed to get them in October 2015 and was totally gutted and pretty much forgot about it until the resale. 

What, no press pass last year?? Thought you said you got one each year??

:rofl:

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, scott44 said:

Ha! I promise I do not. I run my own on-line music website and before that a fanzine. To be honest Glastonbury don't seem to question giving out press passes. My mate asked for one saying he publishes a music fanzine (he doesn't he works for the Council) and they just sent him one this year. 

You run your own "on-line music website" do you? Tell me are you in control of the spelling/grammer that you publish? 

Think this may have gone a bit far.

Scott I hope you have a great Glastonbury, there are a lot of people in here who would desperately like to be there too. They don't want or need to hear criticism like that right now. Please be a little bit respectful of that.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, scott44 said:

5. Regards press passes we are hardly talking the NME who would be sent about 100 tickets. We are talking a music review site that get sent 2 tickets!!

Maybe in the heady days of yore, but absolutely not in the past five years. Even then that's outlandish. If the NME has six staffers now I would be surprised. 

There's a thing in gambling called the edge, this thread is the edge for those of us who came up short four times on the trot. If people are commenting 8 hours a day it's because it's a shared experience, it's not like they're making knob jokes instead of getting tickets because, well, at the moment there are none. This is why your comments are snide, smug and wrong. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, scott44 said:

I do feel for people on here without a ticket however you have to question how much effort some put into trying to get a ticket in the first place!

Not everyone in here is technologically advanced, has super-duper fast reliable broadband, a wide network of friends trying for them in each sale, has access to annual press passes or even has the mobility skills required key in details at lightning speed.

Not everyone in this thread has a ticket, but there are many that do and are in here full of Glastonbury spirit either to help those ticketless physically or emotionally 

You really aren't doing either, I hope you have a great festival, knowing how much effort you put in this year far outweighs anything people have done on here - congratulations to you.

19 minutes ago, Glasto8 said:

Think this may have gone a bit far.

Scott I hope you have a great Glastonbury, there are a lot of people in here who would desperately like to be there too. They don't want or need to hear criticism like that right now. Please be a little bit respectful of that.

I've up voted you because that, in my stoned out way at the time it seemed right and fitting. While I am happy to have given you an up vote, I now think differently than I did at that moment in time. What I now think is that scott44 isn't an areshole. He's a big gaping arsehole of biblical proportions. 

What kind of a nasty bastard comes on to this thread and tells people they are not trying hard enough, when we can all see with our own eyes the effort people are putting in. As for saying don't post to each other little jokes, funnies etc, well where on earth is that coming from? This bloke wants you to suffer even more, by not having the companionship that you get off this thread (and this site) ie. just sit there pressing F5 on your own. 

@Bb-dog - that's why I say fuck him.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, scott44 said:

I have put lots of effort in this year. OK I get 2 press tickets but I have also secured tickets the traditional way in October and also in the re-sale for others I am going with. How? By trying hard! I will also try if there is a secret resale when I get the text alert. So I have actually done lots for the people I am going with and in the spirit of Glastonbury I have helping others. Many I am going with this year would not be going if it was not for me. In fact 3 of the people I have obtained tickets for I have not even asked for the money as I know they find it very expensive and they don't have loads of disposable income. 

Reality is I am seeing a lot of green eyed monsters on here. They pretend they are annoyed at my comments but deep down they are envious as I am going and they will be watching it on TV. I am ending these comments now as I think I have made my point. 

Please explain how those going to Glastonbury on here, but are trying for others, can be green eyed monsters? 

2 minutes ago, scott44 said:

I have put lots of effort in this year. OK I get 2 press tickets but I have also secured tickets the traditional way in October and also in the re-sale for others I am going with. How? By trying hard! I will also try if there is a secret resale when I get the text alert. So I have actually done lots for the people I am going with and in the spirit of Glastonbury I have helped others. Many I am going with this year would not be going if it was not for me. In fact 3 of the people I have obtained tickets for I have not even asked for the money as I know they find it very expensive and they don't have loads of disposable income. 

Reality is I am seeing a lot of green eyed monsters on here. They pretend they are annoyed at my comments but deep down they are envious as I am going and they will be watching it on TV. I am ending these comments now as I think I have made my point. 

I know it's the weekend but it's past your bedtime you boring fucker; fuck off

4 minutes ago, scott44 said:

Pont 

Point proven. A green eyed monster. Enjoy the highlights on BBC4. 

Probably watch the highlights on catch up when I get back after a fantastic 5 days

• Upvote 2

Well folks, I met up with friends today back home and they've convinced me to buy a Sziget ticket, so I have. That's me officially out of the running. 

I would have loved to have gone to Glasto, and God knows it's a better lineup than Sziget, but I just don't have it in me to constantly keep tabs on this with the vain hope of nabbing a ticket, it was genuinely driving me crazy. A week in the sun with a few days after to go back to Berlin was just too good to turn down though.  

I honestly wish everyone else trying for tickets the best of luck. Everyone who constantly contributes to this thread honestly deserves a ticket based on their efforts and commitment to trying to nab the last handful of tickets.

Screw what anyone else has said in this thread, us lot have been so committed; putting our jobs and bladders at risk for Christ sake, all in the pursuit of getting a Glasto ticket. I couldn't go the whole hog myself, but for those of you staying on to try; I salute you. This thread has been amazing good fun and I wouldn't have lasted this long without the rest of you.

I'll be following the rest of the thread and honestly be rooting for everyone else; GOOD LUCK GUYS! Hopefully see you in 2019!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, scott44 said:

This thread is embarrassing. Less time posting silly comments and more time concentrating on obtaining tickets may have helped some people secure them in the two sales to date!

3 hours ago, scott44 said:

Only saying what many others are thinking. I bet if tickets went on sale suddenly now the majority of people would log onto this thread to post a comment first and then try to get a ticket 2nd!

I do feel for people on here without a ticket however you have to question how much effort some put into trying to get a ticket in the first place!

2 hours ago, scott44 said:

Regards your first paragraph that is EXACTLY what I mean. I have not failed to get tickets since my first Glastonbury in 1989. I do that by ensuing on ticket sale day I shut down all windows apart from the See Tickets page. End result - tickets secured! 

I am certainly not a troll, I am just saying the truth. I do admire people's dedication having been on here for 2 weeks. My point is less silly posting of comments and more F5'ing may mean you get to go this year. To put it bluntly - that's why currently I am going to Glastonbury this year and most of you aren't. Think about it before you start calling me names!

2 hours ago, scott44 said:

Not sure why you are insulted by me saying more effort is probably required by some (not all).

There is a saying which goes 'if something isn't working you probably aren't working hard enough at it'.

You see I don't normally get involved in this sort of thing as I know you people enjoy it but I have to point out you are missing the point of this thread completely.

I sincerely hope you are a troll and you genuinely don't believe what you are posting. You think we should all be pressing f5 for 12 hours a day? Why? There's no tickets on sale. Most of us have page checkers etc. and are poised at the computer ready to act as soon as an alert comes through. 

What this thread does is brings us together. It keeps our spirits up knowing that we are all in the same boat and knowing that we are all desperate for those elusive tickets. If posting daft comments and knob jokes is what it takes to stop us becoming completely disheartened by the whole thing then that's what we do.

if you can't see that then to be honest you're missing what the Glastonbury spirit means completely.

So anyway yeah, basically you're a c**t.

• Upvote 4

It's also a huge amount of luck who gets tickets, it's not about 'trying' hard or somehow being better. My group of friends has never had any trouble before this year, not one of us got through in either sale despite all the tech tricks we knew and all of us trying for each other. Luckily, all of us bar 2 got tickets by other means, so that is who I am trying for.

It's a pretty bonkers attitude to think you are some how superior to others for getting a ticket. I can't imagine taking such joy in others missing out and then being surprised that people are offended by your maliciousness.

17 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Well folks, I met up with friends today back home and they've convinced me to buy a Sziget ticket, so I have. That's me officially out of the running. 

I would have loved to have gone to Glasto, and God knows it's a better lineup than Sziget, but I just don't have it in me to constantly keep tabs on this with the vain hope of nabbing a ticket, it was genuinely driving me crazy. A week in the sun with a few days after to go back to Berlin was just too good to turn down though.  

I honestly wish everyone else trying for tickets the best of luck. Everyone who constantly contributes to this thread honestly deserves a ticket based on their efforts and commitment to trying to nab the last handful of tickets.

Screw what anyone else has said in this thread, us lot have been so committed; putting our jobs and bladders at risk for Christ sake, all in the pursuit of getting a Glasto ticket. I couldn't go the whole hog myself, but for those of you staying on to try; I salute you. This thread has been amazing good fun and I wouldn't have lasted this long without the rest of you.

I'll be following the rest of the thread and honestly be rooting for everyone else; GOOD LUCK GUYS! Hopefully see you in 2019!

Have an amazing time! 

17 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

I think you summed up the best points about this thread very well. Enjoy Sziget! I'm sure you will have a blast with your friends :)

19 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Thanks for your company the last two weeks, john! And enjoy Sziget!

38 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've up voted you because that, in my stoned out way at the time it seemed right and fitting. While I am happy to have given you an up vote, I now think differently than I did at that moment in time. What I now think is that scott44 isn't an areshole. He's a big gaping arsehole of biblical proportions. 

What kind of a nasty bastard comes on to this thread and tells people they are not trying hard enough, when we can all see with our own eyes the effort people are putting in. As for saying don't post to each other little jokes, funnies etc, well where on earth is that coming from? This bloke wants you to suffer even more, by not having the companionship that you get off this thread (and this site) ie. just sit there pressing F5 on your own. 

@Bb-dog - that's why I say fuck him.

Thanks for the upvote :)

I don't disagree with you by the way. 

14 minutes ago, Jenniferaliceee said:

I don't think coming on here to slag people off without tickets is particularly 'Glastonbury' but I'm not going to pick a fight with you for trying to be decent, that's for sure :)

I'd agree. But think back to school. The people who acted like him, are the people who just know no other way to fit in to society. I'm not saying they are right to act like that.

we are all more grown up now,  so ganging up and saying 'your not welcome at are festival' is not the right way to respond. Kindness shames more than retaliation. Ask why he feels the need to act this way.

Just my thoughts any how.