This bit is a little more interesting;

<ul class="choices">
	<li>
      <a href="/registration/register" title="Photo registration">
			Photo Registration
		</a>
	</li>
	<li>
      	<a href="/event/worthy-view-accommodation/worthy-farm/1100002" title="Worthy View Accommodation">
          Worthy View
		</a>
	</li>
	<li>
      	<a href="/event/car-parking/worthy-farm/1100006/" title="Car parking">
          Car parking
		</a>
	</li>
	<li>
      	<a href="#" data-href="/event/worthy-view-accommodation/worthy-farm/1100003" title="Tipis">
			Tipi Village - Sold out
		</a>
	</li>
	<li>
    	<a href="/event/worthy-view-accommodation/worthy-farm/1100004" data-href="/event/worthy-view-accommodation/worthy-farm/1100004" title="Campervans">
        	Campervans &amp; Caravans
	  	</a>
	</li>
	<li>
    	<a href="#" data-href="/event/sunday-tickets/worthy-farm/1100005" title="Sunday (Central Somerset Residents Only)">
          Sunday tickets - Sold out
	  	</a>
	</li>
</ul>

As if they're going to add a link/button for the resale tickets, it would (in theory) appear in this section. So it might (and this is a proper stretch of a might here) appear as code before it appears on the live site; for example if they want to check the links work before they make it go live.

All this is proper guessing though, not to be taken as gospel at all.

tumblr_m7xpbntkBe1r2fq2r.gif

But aren't you monitoring the live page so surely you wouldn't see any code until it actually goes live?

• Upvote 2

They could change the code, but have the line that points to the new link remmed out with a // in front of it. So it would appear in the code, but not on the live page itself, which would trigger an alert (if you were monitoring the page) but wouldn't necessarily show on the page itself.

16 minutes ago, tabasco said:

As if they're going to add a link/button for the resale tickets, it would (in theory) appear in this section. So it might (and this is a proper stretch of a might here) appear as code before it appears on the live site; for example if they want to check the links work before they make it go live.

I doubt that's gonna work. They're probably gonna test on a copy of the page we're currently monitoring, and as soon as they want the ticket sale to happen, they will replace the current page with their new page. So as soon as you notice the change in html, hundreds of efesters are already buying their tickets.

2 minutes ago, tabasco said:

They could change the code, but have the line that points to the new link remmed out with a // in front of it. So it would appear in the code, but not on the live page itself, which would trigger an alert (if you were monitoring the page) but wouldn't necessarily show on the page itself.

Image result for well obviously gif

If I only understood.

Just now, Robinn said:

I doubt that's gonna work. They're probably gonna test on a copy of the page we're currently monitoring, and as soon as they want the ticket sale to happen, they will replace the current page with their new page. So as soon as you notice the change in html, hundreds of efesters are already buying their tickets.

Yeah, was very much a theory of the straw clutching variety :P

All this code and pings is above my intellect and my suggestion of waiting lists has pretty much bombed, I'm not sure how all of you are dealing with this.

I just wish I could help especially the chap who was putting his friends first... what a guy and would like to think if anyone in the know could give him a ticket for the most caring and selfless person around at this moment in time ...unfortunately I don't have pings and on and off the pc all day so I'd be well down the list in reaction times 

To the chap who was putting his friends first , I have done something similar and my selflessness wasn't reciprocated at another time so refuse to do it again and make it clear that if I'm putting in the work then others will have to take pot luck.

Not nice I know but you really find out who your true friends are later on 

If they need to test it they won't be doing it on the live server anyway. It'll be on a test environment somewhere. Once they're happy it works the whole lot will be pushed to live. There's no reason that there would be any change prior to the final push. Sometimes there is, but there doesn't have to be. They almost definitely wouldn't add commented html code and then just uncomment it at go live. 

Just now, nataliealana said:

I know it's probably "how long is a piece of string" but how quickly do these go?

Depends on supply / demand etc etc etc.... but it appears that last year's went in approximately 90 seconds from what I've read on here. 

9 minutes ago, gibble said:

The link was live for 2 minutes 31 seconds last year but the it was a case of blink and you miss it. Some people put details in immediately but weren't successful.

I know I was sending my details on the right link within 30 seconds max, i didn't even get the screen to confirm my numbers, just a message saying they had now sold out, and that was almost immediately returned. so 2.31 maybe the time the link was live for, but certainly in my case is was way less than that!