Secret resales 2015

Terence99

On 30/04/2017 at 2:28 PM, Lucys92 said:

Hello! Sorry just just jump in, I'm just wondering, when we think the secret resale is about to go live, is it better to just keep pressing proceed on the pre populated ticket page or to just refresh the main ticket page that has the rest of the ticket options? 

Thanks! 

On 30/04/2017 at 2:39 PM, Sasperella said:

I'm not sure but i think its better to refresh the main ticket page. I'm sure I read somewhere on here that sometimes the event page can be different, in which case it wouldn't process it, and you'd have to go back out and start again. And as well all know, time is money (or in this case, tickets)! I might be wrong though...

As a side note..I don't think its possible for a UK Sim to get posted me in time, and aim not sure I trust the post in the Jungle. if there is a kind-hearted e-fester who isn't trying for anyone, would they mind helping me set up Neil's checkpage alerts with their mobile number and my email? That way I'd still get notified...as my faith in google monitor is waning fast. it might be a bit annoyin getting all the pings and stuff. Let me know if your up for it :D 

This is all true, although by then we may have a better idea which ticket page it will be as in years previous the page it's ended up being has gone from live to inactive a bunch of times before finally becoming active on the day of sale.... I'd have both open and ready to roll... quick try populated page first but be ready to jump onto main page and go through that way too...

On 2017-4-30 at 2:28 PM, Lucys92 said:

Hello! Sorry just just jump in, I'm just wondering, when we think the secret resale is about to go live, is it better to just keep pressing proceed on the pre populated ticket page or to just refresh the main ticket page that has the rest of the ticket options? 

Thanks! 

On 2017-4-30 at 2:39 PM, Sasperella said:

I'm not sure but i think its better to refresh the main ticket page. I'm sure I read somewhere on here that sometimes the event page can be different, in which case it wouldn't process it, and you'd have to go back out and start again. And as well all know, time is money (or in this case, tickets)! I might be wrong though...

I suspect that if you don't go via the main ticket page, you won't get the 'token' that enables you to proceed to the payment page.

So maybe have two tabs open in the same browser.  The first is the main ticket page, and the second is the pre-populated ticket page.  Keep refreshing the main ticket page, but if you get through, immediately click proceed on the pre-populated ticket page.

I get an empty response/this page isn't working message periodically when i go to seetickets.glastonbury.com. I've checked on my phone and the page is fine so was wondering if anyone had any clue why it might not be working in my pc browser?

2 minutes ago, Adamon said:

I get an empty response/this page isn't working message periodically when i go to seetickets.glastonbury.com. I've checked on my phone and the page is fine so was wondering if anyone had any clue why it might not be working in my pc browser?

I asked prematurely, looks like it's when i'm connected to a VPN. Is this a new security measure or something? The VPN is UK based and it's just my work one.

1 hour ago, Adamon said:

Is it cos yer on that instead of glastonbury.seetickets.com?

1 minute ago, Adamon said:

Just a typo in the comment. I'm in the right place.

Ah fair enough. I've an idea that a limit on VPN's would prevent people singlehandedly having many grabs at the system but at the same time I have no idea how they'd go about blocking it.

We're a group of 11 (all with tickets), and 2 more of our friends decided after October, 'oh maybe I fancy that' so we  tried in the general resale but were not successful :(

I'm using followthatpage.com which emails you alerts when the page changes, and I've installed the Gmail app on my iPhone - emails come through immediately as they are received. Fingers crossed I manage to get some!

Edited by laurabond

4 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Same here

Also what were the secret resale daes in previous years so I know what to look out for

I've read in Tort's guide that it's normally 1-2 weeks after the final refund date, which I believe is this Friday? So I'm going to be on top of the webpage as of then haha. I reckon around 10th May - 24th May.

For those looking for an alert, go here CheckPage.co.uk

As has been noted above we have just had an alert indicating some worthy view/campervan availability. 

As for any possible ticket resale unlikely to be any this week as friday is the cut off for refunds. I'd imagine a day or two will be required to sort those returns out and then a potential resale early next week.

I'm trying to get a friend in am really hoping this works.

On 5/12/2016 at 9:38 AM, Keithy said:

Just to pass the time..

(From yesterday) Refund / Resale dates since 2011

• Refund - Wednesday May 4th
  • Resale - Tuesday May 17th 

• No festival

• Refund - Friday May 3rd
  • Resale - Wednesday May 8th

• Refund - Friday May 9th
  • Resale - Wednesday 14th

• Refund - Friday May 8th
  • Resale - Monday May 18th

• Refund - Friday May 6th
  • Resale - Thursday May12th

Just as a bit of info.. I added last years resale date too...

Hey All, 

I have an idea, I will set up a Whatsapp group for everyone who is trying in the resale and has page checkers etc on, that way we can notify each other as soon as there is tickets and we can help each other out. Also if its groups of 4 we can group each other up which will also help as well. If you would like to be apart of this whatsapp group please DM me with your name and phone number and I will add you. 

More heads are better than one, lets work together!!! Thanks, Tom 

• Upvote 2

On 01/05/2017 at 3:44 PM, beefykoala said:

For those who are non-UK (like me), it might be possible to use your phone number email address to 'hack' the system. For example, I'm with T Mobile, and I have a email-to-text email address of [myphonenumber]@tmomail.net - wherever I sign that up will send the emails straight to my phone as text messages. I then signed up with a browser monitoring service, set to my work laptop that's rarely turned off, and the refresh rate is set to 10 seconds. I've tested it and it works.

There are also page refreshers that allow resubmission of data (without the annoying pop up box each time) - I have one ticking away on the booking page that's still live, and the other day I got a sort of hit (it was the holding page though). We need 7 tickets (yeah, I know...!) but right now I'm just trying for 1 in case they are releasing them individually. I'll up it to the full 4 after refund deadline.

Lastly, I got an autofill extension with all the reg numbers in. This is in addition to having a txt document laid out for quick copy pasting.

This better bloody work!!

I have an email based page checker - DM me and i'll send you details.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TomHiggins88 said:

Hey All, 

I have an idea, I will set up a Whatsapp group for everyone who is trying in the resale and has page checkers etc on, that way we can notify each other as soon as there is tickets and we can help each other out. Also if its groups of 4 we can group each other up which will also help as well. If you would like to be apart of this whatsapp group please DM me with your name and phone number and I will add you. 

More heads are better than one, lets work together!!! Thanks, Tom 

would love to join!! 

Hi, I am going to use Neils check page this year  as I have 1 mate who didn't manage to get a ticket whilst all his usual group around him sorted themselves out  

Without going through all the thread what are the best pages to monitor? 

Sorry if its felt I'm just jumping into the thread.

8 hours ago, Adamon said:

Just as a bit of info.. I added last years resale date too...

Bloody hell, there really is absolutely no pattern whatsoever is there! It could be another 2 weeks yet!

...saying that in the last 5 festivals there has never been a secret resale on a Friday! I think we all know what that means...;)

Edited by MilkyJoe

20 minutes ago, glastouser said:

Hi, I am going to use Neils check page this year  as I have 1 mate who didn't manage to get a ticket whilst all his usual group around him sorted themselves out  

Without going through all the thread what are the best pages to monitor? 

Sorry if its felt I'm just jumping into the thread.

If I remember correctly checkpage offers a few options of Glastonbury pages to follow. Last year I was following both the Tour page and the main glastonbury.seetickets.com one - I ended up ditching the Tour page and just went with the main one towards the end. If I was doing it again this year that would be the only one I followed.