Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep ... there was someone in the efests chatroom that told me a few minutes after start time that See had cocked things up and he'd got his tickets that way ... I pretty much ignored him for ten minutes, but then became convinced that see had cocked it up, so went back and quizzed him some more, checked out what he said stood up and wasn't a fraud of some kind, and then  publicised it here.

I later found out that See were scratching their heads wondering why no one was buying, when suddenly a flood of sales came thru from those who'd edited their hosts file .... which completely confused them, and caused them to take longer to find what the issue was.

It was fixed about an hour into the sale, I think, and in that time it was an easy buy for anyone who used that route.

Bossman at See (who I'd been chatty with via email and occasionally phone before then) went absolutely mental at me for telling my users but not telling him, and he hasn't spoken to me again. :(

He should have signed up then!

4 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

I think that's probably the thread I remember reading. My first Glastonbury was 2014, so I was on here in hope of a similar find. Nada, though fortunately a friend managed to get through. I've still had nothing since...think I need to move

I've had to rely on friends getting tickets as my luck seems to have run out. 

Ive tried multiple browsers with staggered auto refresh in previous years with no reward for my efforts. This year it was single PC, single browser (chrome) using the automatic 20 seconds refresh and totally failed.

If I lived in Nottingham I'd be queuing outside the Seetickets office if I thought that would get me a ticket

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep ... there was someone in the efests chatroom that told me a few minutes after start time that See had cocked things up and he'd got his tickets that way ... I pretty much ignored him for ten minutes, but then became convinced that see had cocked it up, so went back and quizzed him some more, checked out what he said stood up and wasn't a fraud of some kind, and then  publicised it here.

I later found out that See were scratching their heads wondering why no one was buying, when suddenly a flood of sales came thru from those who'd edited their hosts file .... which completely confused them, and caused them to take longer to find what the issue was.

It was fixed about an hour into the sale, I think, and in that time it was an easy buy for anyone who used that route.

Bossman at See (who I'd been chatty with via email and occasionally phone before then) went absolutely mental at me for telling my users but not telling him, and he hasn't spoken to me again. :(

Are you surprised :P?

But to be honest, making those few people happy was probably worth it!

7 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

I'm officially tapping out guys - resting my hopes on competitions!

i genuinely hope you guys get tickets... You all deserve them.

if somebody does, could you please print this out and bury it on the land somewhere... Preferably with an empty can of Stella...

That really cheered me up. I really hope you get there somehow dude! Have an amazing weekend

Just now, Jennings74 said:

I've had to rely on friends getting tickets as my luck seems to have run out. 

Ive tried multiple browsers with staggered auto refresh in previous years with no reward for my efforts. This year it was single PC, single browser (chrome) using the automatic 20 seconds refresh and totally failed.

If I lived in Nottingham I'd be queuing outside the Seetickets office if I thought that would get me a ticket

I'm at uni in Nottingham but have been home for the sales, which I regret now. Always tempted to head there and knock on their door with a big cake and a 'pretty pleaaase' but if anything I think it'd damage the chances.

There's normally 3 people in the house trying for tickets (regardless of who's going) but my friends either decide too late that they want to go or are totally useless. Almost feels like I'll never get another ticket!

Really big thank you to @Siblin, @Cityboy, @Tmouse and Neil from EFest.  We tried but we failed to get tickets, we were on it straight away thanks to the fabulous alerts, but just ran out of time filling in the details.  Have finally got over our disappointment, but I’m kind of glad to have my freedom back, so I can now go to the toilet without texting my husband and handing over the resale baton to him.  Which became known as the ‘Shit Baton’.  Nice to be part of a big group like this with a common goal.  I enjoyed the banter.  Congratulations to those who got tickets.  Have an amazing time and give my regards to the long drops :).  Party large for all of us that can’t be there.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Cleggleberry said:

Really big thank you to @Siblin, @Cityboy, @Tmouse and Neil from EFest.  We tried but we failed to get tickets, we were on it straight away thanks to the fabulous alerts, but just ran out of time filling in the details.  Have finally got over our disappointment, but I’m kind of glad to have my freedom back, so I can now go to the toilet without texting my husband and handing over the resale baton to him.  Which became known as the ‘Shit Baton’.  Nice to be part of a big group like this with a common goal.  I enjoyed the banter.  Congratulations to those who got tickets.  Have an amazing time and give my regards to the long drops :).  Party large for all of us that can’t be there.

Week said. Take Care.

• Upvote 1

Sincere thanks to everyone here - it's a great community and I'm really pleased to have stumbled on it, so I've got something out of this even it wasn't tickets!

I still want tickets though. So I'm going to keep my checkpage running and be on edge until the week after the festival :D

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

You made a lot of us very happy that year!  Sorry HolySeeMan didn't see it that way...  There must have been a lot more computer geeks at the festival that year, we may not be cool but we know how to edit host files :-)

Is there anyone with a ticket that can see if campervan passes were available? I asked see about it as I maybe able to work there and they said they have sold out, I said on the page I'm looking at they are still there.  They then said they'd been informed campervan passes are sold out? 

Also said to keep an eye on the page :-/ to which I replied 

"Aaaaahhh I've been keeping an eye out since Monday.....my eyes have gone square, when I did get on it wouldn't let me buy adult tickets :( "

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So long as the tickets sell out, I don't think it matters how they get sold. Not your fault if their servers have an unlocked door

1 minute ago, keb77 said:

Is there anyone with a ticket that can see if campervan passes were available? I asked see about it as I maybe able to work there and they said they have sold out, I said on the page I'm looking at they are still there.  They then said they'd been informed campervan passes are sold out? 

"Aaaaahhh I've been keeping an eye out since Monday.....my eyes have gone square, when I did get on it wouldn't let me buy adult tickets :( "

I'm afraid not (well, not right now).  When you go through, put in your reg, it goes to the next page with nothing available. 

Edited by EasyUserName

Just now, keb77 said:

They're not available to buy through the Tour page which would suggest they're sold out-I know on the 'extras' page there is a button but I'd imagine putting in a ref would come back with tickets unavailable

Just now, keb77 said:

There have been some this week, but they appear to be gone. At least, there aren't any for sale right now.

Even if they are all gone, there are alternative campsites on the edge of the site that will host your campervan.

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

There have been some this week, but they appear to be gone. At least, there aren't any for sale right now.

Even if they are all gone, there are alternative campsites on the edge of the site that will host your campervan.

Thanks, I asked for the link and he gave me the extras one which doesn't say it's sold out, so I imagine there will be a page change soon to reflect this.....

I got my 2013 ticket through the back-door suggested on efests. Since then I think they've refined their system and I am now of the opinion that one tab through the front door is the best and simplest way. I think in 2014 I messed around with suggested back-door routes and multiple tabs, and ultimately ended up messing up my chances so now I just use one tab and the official buy page. The only reason I didn't get tickets this year was because my nerves got the better of me and I blew my chances when some coach tickets became available.