Secret resales 2015

Terence99

9 minutes ago, jumbomcnutt said:

Last year on Saturday morning (7am) I was walking around the site after being woken by a snorer next to me, I stopped for a coffee where there were some Police, and Glasto marshalls having a natter. The conversation was regarding traders with stalls/food outlets who were cashing in on selling to people jobs on their stalls to gain entrance, they all seemed to be on the opinion that the festival knew it was probably going on but was not a significant problem to work on ways to crack down on it. I guess it is high risk for both the stall and the person paying them. 

The thing is, Market tickets are limited and the number is pre-agreed per stall. So while some M tickets definitely do find their way to the public, it'll be naturally capped at a fairly low number, and any trader that sells a ticket on like that is doing so at the expense of their own staffing levels and at the risk of losing their pitch if caught.

I'd be hugely surprised of the number of people in that category was even as high as 100 and as far as the licence is concerned they've got allocated tickets (albeit of the wrong category) so it won't hurt the total numbers on site. Fake tickets / wristbands and some of the gate scams are going to be a much bigger concern as they could take the site past capacity.

Just now, StePotts said:

I've got a vape pen, bout the size of a regular nicotine vape so it's very subtle, no one is any the wiser. Will be making it's Glasto debut this year, until it needs charging of course!

Batteries and chargers are easy enough to come by these days, vaping a whole festival was harder a couple of years ago 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

there's vaping weed, and then there's vaping weed with an ecig.

And if you can get stoned via the ecig method, it only says you hardy smoke - it's just not possible to infuse it strong enough to keep a regular happy.

Beg to differ on that, depends on your process of making the juice, I use e-cig, takes a little longer to get there, when you do it's awesome.

Just now, Michaels denim shorts said:

Batteries and chargers are easy enough to come by these days, vaping a whole festival was harder a couple of years ago 

it's just a normal USB charger so can use the mobile phone charger things on it. i guess it'll get priority over my phone too! Be quite funny to sit there charging it in the EE tent if they have it again this year!

2 minutes ago, StePotts said:

I've got a vape pen, bout the size of a regular nicotine vape so it's very subtle, no one is any the wiser. Will be making it's Glasto debut this year, until it needs charging of course! and I can confirm, they get you just as high as smoking!

charging vape pens at glasto is easy providing it has a usb lead. just use these: http://amzn.to/1OnuYOJ also charges your phone fully over 5 times.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Can't agree with you there, well-named sir. This thread has been much, much more active this year, as has Glasto Chat (which has a lot more members now). If that's representative of general interest, there are tons more people who know about this sale this year than last.

It's all just incremental though really from one year to the next. No reason for Glastonbury to suddenly be more super popular with people this year compared to previous years. Yes there are gradually more ways of discovering and getting alerted to page changes from one year to the next, but I don't believe that it makes that much of a difference.

When they made big changes to the procedures of getting tickets, such as only getting them online, then having your name printed on them , then having your photo printed on them. Those changes will have effected peoples awareness of the process from one year to the next, but someone posting a link to efestivals on Facebook or WhatsApp really isn't any change this year from what anyone would have been doing the year before.

1 minute ago, jumbomcnutt said:

charging vape pens at glasto is easy providing it has a usb lead. just use these: http://amzn.to/1OnuYOJ also charges your phone fully over 5 times.

I just order this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011R3Q0AC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 minutes ago, StePotts said:

I've got a vape pen, bout the size of a regular nicotine vape so it's very subtle, no one is any the wiser. Will be making it's Glasto debut this year, until it needs charging of course! and I can confirm, they get you just as high as smoking!

Got a link? I want to get one but don't want to get a duffer!

4 minutes ago, Abijones said:

Got a link? I want to get one but don't want to get a duffer!

This is the one I've got, bit pricey plus you have to have it imported, but it does the trick for me.

http://www.gpen.com/products/g-pen-elite-for-ground-material

I also had this one previously, bit cheaper if you don't fancy splashing out on the Elite one, but still decent.

http://www.gpen.com/collections/g-pro

They are both for the actual plant instead of any oil or anything, just grind it up and put it in, and it just toasts it and lets out the good stuff

Edited by StePotts

Just now, emmett milbarge said:

Beg to differ on that, depends on your process of making the juice, I use e-cig, takes a little longer to get there, when you do it's awesome.

there's no process that will get a 1/4 oz into a small enough amount of ejuice to make it anything like comparable to spliffs. The vids on youtube have that amount of weed going into 30+ml of juice ... and 30+ml of juice is the equivalent of about 300 spliffs.

If I could get 300 spliffs out of a quarter and get stoned from any of those spliffs, I'd be a happy man.

You can get it a bit stronger by using oil, but the oil doesn't vaporise properly (it just re-condenses in your lungs, a far worse thing than the tar from fags), and only a small bit of oil will dissolve in VG (and doesn't like PG at all).

Been there, done it all... unless you know something I don't...?

Just now, StePotts said:

This is the one I've got, bit pricey plus you have to have it imported, but it does the trick for me.

http://www.gpen.com/products/g-pen-elite-for-ground-material

I also had this one previously, bit cheaper if you don't fancy splashing out on the Elite one, but still decent.

http://www.gpen.com/collections/g-pro

the gpen is decent for (dry) herb.

All of the wet ways are rubbish.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's no process that will get a 1/4 oz into a small enough amount of ejuice to make it anything like comparable to spliffs. The vids on youtube have that amount of weed going into 30+ml of juice ... and 30+ml of juice is the equivalent of about 300 spliffs.

If I could get 300 spliffs out of a quarter and get stoned from any of those spliffs, I'd be a happy man.

You can get it a bit stronger by using oil, but the oil doesn't vaporise properly (it just re-condenses in your lungs, a far worse thing than the tar from fags), and only a small bit of oil will dissolve in VG (and doesn't like PG at all).

Been there, done it all... unless you know something I don't...?

Yeah so I've done the 4g and 30ml process, I got about 20ml back and I normally have a mix in the vape 30 / 60 mix does the job.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the gpen is decent for (dry) herb.

All of the wet ways are rubbish.

What's the benefit of vaping dry herb though? Doesn't it just produce smoke to inhale, so no better or more discreet than a joint?

1 minute ago, Abijones said:

What's the benefit of vaping dry herb though? Doesn't it just produce smoke to inhale, so no better or more discreet than a joint?

no, the vapor is almost invisible really. there is still a scent but not half as much as in a spliff. plus it's smoother, you don't feel it going down as much, but the effects are still the same. plus once you're done with the stuff, you can save it to put in food! just comes out as little toasted bits