Secret resales 2015

Terence99

I wasn't very positive about any more going on sale last night, hence I left the house and breathed in some sweet fresh air, but (and my knowledge of websites etc is very poor) I would say that they will see the webpage getting instant hits every time a change is made and know this is people glued to laptops/computers/phones hoping to grab a ticket, you would have thought therefore, that they would do the honourable thing and make a 'no more sale' announcement so people can get back to their lives...

So I feel slightly more positive about more tickets going on sale.

Or maybe I'm being too fair on SEE

1 minute ago, matthewjh said:

Having dealt regularly with social media teams internally, believe me, they know nowt.

^^ This.

They just give the official line. Earlier in the week that was 'no sale, sold out' because that was true at the time. Once the resale happened they then said 'yes there was a resale, very small, no more'. Because that was true at the time. Currently there are no planned resales and it's sold out. Which is true.

The 'unknown' is whether there are more refunds to process in the Refunds Dept that will lead to another flash sale. See Customer Service don't know that and we don't know that.

Just now, jumbomcnutt said:

Last year on Saturday morning (7am) I was walking around the site after being woken by a snorer next to me, I stopped for a coffee where there were some Police, and Glasto marshalls having a natter. The conversation was regarding traders with stalls/food outlets who were cashing in on selling to people jobs on their stalls to gain entrance, they all seemed to be on the opinion that the festival knew it was probably going on but was not a significant problem to work on ways to crack down on it. I guess it is high risk for both the stall and the person paying them. 

The company I work for got less allocation this year than last. I've actually been trying in the resale for a ticket to help them get another member of staff on site!

3 minutes ago, chronicideas said:
  1. @seetickets Why are you telling people to keep an eye on the Glasto page if there are no tickets left?

0 retweets1 like

Retweet

More

@StLewi we are not advised of any future resales, so advising to keep an eye out just in case. Cheers TB.

10:37 AM - 12 May 2016

Retweet

More

"Minimal" is not impossible. There will be at least one further sale, a minute amount, including any coach returns. I would suggest with the enquiries they're having to deal with since the return deadline last Friday they would want to get it sewn up asap. Maybe today? Then they need to communicate the final sell out immediately afterwards

33 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Is there anyone who isn't after tickets for themselves but just page watching who may be able to help me? After GA tickets, not coach. It would be much appreciated. Obviously if there is anther sale of GA tickets

I'd be glad to help but with things moving so quickly this year I'm not sure I'd be on the ball enough to do much good. Is there a specific time-frame you need help with?

Also, I guess you would have to trust me with your card details.

5 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

The company I work for got less allocation this year than last. I've actually been trying in the resale for a ticket to help them get another member of staff on site!

This suggests they are cracking down on it then- I can picture one small stall selling Tea & Toast with 50 people on their workforce!

been addicted to this thread for the last week or so.... can't believe the speed of the sale yesterday....

anyway @deadgoodburrito just tweeted that they need a last minute replacement grill chef if anyone is interested

Edited by Kay95

7 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I've only ever noticed a couple in here and they may have been the odd individual who had missed their coach, but have been outnumbered by those who suggest not to, as the tickets are handed out on the coach.  I wouldn't recommend making that part of a plan personally, as obviously there would be hundreds that would try it.

Don't shoot the messenger.. Desperate times call for desperate measure.. But you're probably right!

20 minutes ago, robin said:

Nah, pretty much the same as previous years. It's not like the internet has only just been discovered by everyone else, but before it was only us few who knew about it.

Can't agree with you there, well-named sir. This thread has been much, much more active this year, as has Glasto Chat (which has a lot more members now). If that's representative of general interest, there are tons more people who know about this sale this year than last.

3 minutes ago, raoul_777 said:

Don't shoot the messenger.. Desperate times call for desperate measure.. But you're probably right!

You're mistaken, the desperate measure is getting the coach when you don't need to, believe me I've done it twice ;) 

7 minutes ago, emmett milbarge said:

Sure can !! :) you gotta find a video on how to make the juice

there's vaping weed, and then there's vaping weed with an ecig.

And if you can get stoned via the ecig method, it only says you hardy smoke - it's just not possible to infuse it strong enough to keep a regular happy.

</voice of experience and a huge number of experiments>

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

But can you get high from vaping? I've used vapourisers in Amsterdam but they are more like strange bongs. 

I've got a vape pen, bout the size of a regular nicotine vape so it's very subtle, no one is any the wiser. Will be making it's Glasto debut this year, until it needs charging of course! and I can confirm, they get you just as high as smoking!

Edited by StePotts